Quote from: Don Gately on April 05, 2023, 08:37:15 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on April 05, 2023, 05:26:33 PM
Quote from: Don Gately on April 03, 2023, 05:06:06 PMI love chess, have you played competitions

Not since I was a kid I haven't. You?

Can't beat a good game of chess
I took it up in my late 20s, really got into it for a few years. Played some tournaments and league games for local club. My rating was quite low as I hadn't built it up I suppose.. Stopped when kids came along but considering a come back but probably shite now!

Give you a game on chess.com one of the days if you're on or indeed anyone else and that'll be my last mention of it in the now playing but I do love a game. Obviously the online version is a poor imitation of the real board but it's better than a kick in the stones.

Now playing: nothing but I did skip through 3 tunes of some crowd called Rezn a few minutes ago to see if I'd try it later and I probably will

Burzum - Filosofem
Megaton Sword - Might & Power

For some reason also stuck on Feed Me Weird Things by Squarepusher for the first time in about a decade tonight.

Mortuary Drape- Secret Sudaria.

Quote from: astfgyl on April 05, 2023, 11:31:01 PMNow playing: nothing but I did skip through 3 tunes of some crowd called Rezn a few minutes ago to see if I'd try it later and I probably will
Had it on last night and back on again this morning, it's very deadly.  Stoner/Doom primarily but christ don't let that put ye off it.  Shades of Judgement-era Anathema, Type O, and Isis, little bit of Pallbearer off it too, all to various degrees.  Very class.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 06, 2023, 12:10:23 AMFor some reason also stuck on Feed Me Weird Things by Squarepusher for the first time in about a decade tonight.
Haven't listened to Squarepusher in well over a decade meself, enjoyed one album at the time (Go Plastic) but never checked anything else out.  Must give this a spin and see how it is.

Mortuary Drape- All the Witches Dance.

Quote from: Don Gately on April 05, 2023, 08:37:15 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on April 05, 2023, 05:26:33 PM
Quote from: Don Gately on April 03, 2023, 05:06:06 PMI love chess, have you played competitions

Not since I was a kid I haven't. You?

Can't beat a good game of chess
I took it up in my late 20s, really got into it for a few years. Played some tournaments and league games for local club. My rating was quite low as I hadn't built it up I suppose.. Stopped when kids came along but considering a come back but probably shite now!

Best time to keep playing.
I got the kids into it and kick their holes on it any chance I get.
The more I keep winning the more they want to try and beat me.   :laugh:

Mithras - Worlds Beyond The Veil
Immolation - Dawn of Possession
Spread Eagle - s/t

In Solitude- The World, The Flesh, The Devil.

Somehow this didn't click for me back then but it's kicking my hoop right now. I love being a horder  8)

Doldrum - The Knocking (or the story of the sound that preceeded their disappearance) - one of my favorites from last year and still can't get enough of

Derhead - The Grey Zone Phobia - Recent discovery that I'm falling for very easily

Also been revisiting all of Living Sacrifice's back catalogue, a band I loved as a youngfla and kinda forgot about so loving all over again

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 06, 2023, 02:29:23 PMIn Solitude- The World, The Flesh, The Devil.

Somehow this didn't click for me back then but it's kicking my hoop right now. I love being a horder  8)

Surprised by that. Incredible album. All 3 are savage in their own way.

Ride for Revenge- The King of Snakes 

Still unsurpassed. Magic

Newest Porcupine Tree is a real grower. It's definitely their best since In Absentia imo. Every time I listen to it there's more. Love albums like this.

#9132 April 06, 2023, 09:03:48 PM Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 09:08:23 PM by astfgyl
Burzum Hvis Lyset Tar Oss

Fucking unreal. Could be the best of the whole BM thing depending on the form

In a way it's the punkest of punk really

Sweven - The Eternal Resonance
Ascension - The Dead of the World

On LP and YT respectively, if anyone's interested in keeping tabs  :laugh:  :abbath:

Hohenstein - Weisser Hirsch
Hollenthon - With Vilest of Worms to Dwell

That Doldrum album is excellent.