Gorguts- Considered Dead
Morta Skuld- Dying Remains
Anathema- Serenades
My Dying Bride- As the Flower Withers
Master- Master
Benediction- The Grand Leveller
Diamanthian- Arcana Doctrina

#9091 April 02, 2023, 01:07:22 AM Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 02:31:02 AM by Eoin McLove
Hour of 13- s/t.

Haven't put this on in ages and what a great album it is. Evil heavy metal at its best.

Unholy- The Second Ring of Power.

Cat Stevens- Tea for the Tillerman.

My son asked me what I was doing.
I'm picking a record to put on.
Can I pick one?
OK.
I want the blue one!
Tea for the Tillerman it is so. A change of pace, haha.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 02, 2023, 01:07:22 AMHour of 13- s/t.

Haven't put this on in ages and what a great album it is. Evil heavy metal at its best.

Unholy- The Second Ring of Power.

Cat Stevens- Tea for the Tillerman.

My son asked me what I was doing.
I'm picking a record to put on.
Can I pick one?
OK.
I want the blue one!
Tea for the Tillerman it is so. A change of pace, haha.

I remember when my son was very young, he used to do the same..the blue one he used to pick was Ride the Lightning 😂

Can't argue with that  8)

I don't know whether it's cos it's essentially all black/dark and he can't see it properly  :laugh:  but either way, my lad never picks records from the metal section. Except for Screaming for Vengeance sometimes, which would kind of prove my "can't see black" theory haha

It's a good way of digging through the collection. If you just go with whatever they choose then who knows what kind of a journey you'll end up on

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 02, 2023, 11:03:42 AMIt's a good way of digging through the collection. If you just go with whatever they choose then who knows what kind of a journey you'll end up on

Mate of mine comes up for chess once a week or so and we always begin by him picking out a CD and no matter what it is we stick with it. Often gets me back on to something I've forgotten about. The random element is great and also the reason I stopped putting my CDs in any sort of order other than being stacked neatly

Haha, nice approach.

Quote from: astfgyl on April 02, 2023, 11:34:38 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 02, 2023, 11:03:42 AMIt's a good way of digging through the collection. If you just go with whatever they choose then who knows what kind of a journey you'll end up on

Mate of mine comes up for chess once a week or so and we always begin by him picking out a CD and no matter what it is we stick with it. Often gets me back on to something I've forgotten about. The random element is great and also the reason I stopped putting my CDs in any sort of order other than being stacked neatly

How many are you up to, if it's a good few might be tricky finding a specific CD. 
I haven't much order to the shelves myself but I do the same on mornings as I'm heading out to work, whatever 3 or 4 I bleary eyed grab is what's been played

Slayer - South of Heaven 9/10
Megadeth - Killing Is My Business.. 8.5/10
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death 8/10
Thantifaxath - Void Masquerading As Matter 8/10
Amulet - The Inevitable War 8/10
Crowbar - Zero and Below 7.5/10
Bohemyst - Cern a Smrt 7/10
Stormwitch - Walpurgis Night 7/10
Sumerlands - Dreamkiller 7/10
Iron Maiden - Senjutsu 4/10
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: 91/30 on April 02, 2023, 01:34:35 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on April 02, 2023, 11:34:38 AM

How many are you up to, if it's a good few might be tricky finding a specific CD. 
I haven't much order to the shelves myself but I do the same on mornings as I'm heading out to work, whatever 3 or 4 I bleary eyed grab is what's been played

Couple of hundred is all. I lost many over the years but then started buying again 3 or 4 years ago. Don't even have albums of a single band together.

You're right though in that when I want a particular album it can get annoying

Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Megadeth - Killing Is My Business...

I love chess, have you played competitions

Picked up a few golden oldies at the record fairs in Cork over the weekend.

Suicidal Tendencies - debut LP
Armored Saint - Delerious Nomad
Saxon - Strong Arm Of The Law
Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic
Whitesnake - Love Hunter

As well as Frought and Molarbear CDs from the Cursed Monk stall.

Having a right rocking time working from home today.   :abbath:  :abbath:  :abbath:  :abbath:

Hate Eternal - King of all kings
Hate Eternal - Upon Desolate Sands
Disma - Towards the Megalith
The County Medical Examiners - Olidous Operettas