Postman brought the new Lankum this morning. Worth the wait, another great album from them, maybe the best so far? Hard to say, but class anyway.

Spirit Possession - S/T
Motörhead- Better Motörhead Than Dead
Skeletal Remains - Beyond The Flesh

Virus - The Agent that Shapes the Desert
Vorum - Current Mouth
Caveman Cult - Savage War is Destiny/Blood and Extinction
Sumerlands - Dreamkiller
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness
Death - Leprosy

Hey man, welcome back!

Had Sumerlands s/t on this evening. Both are killer releases  :abbath:

Cheers Chris!
Yeah, definitely. I wouldn't listen to a whole pile of "traditional" heavy metal these days, but Sumerlands have it going on.
Them and Eternal Champion.. But they share members so it figures.

Caveman Cult are too fucking ridiculous not to listen to btw.
I mean, come on:

Geasa- Angel's Cry.
Ulver- Bergtatt.
Dødheimsgard- Kronet Til Konge.

Quote from: mishima on March 27, 2023, 10:18:27 PMCheers Chris!
Yeah, definitely. I wouldn't listen to a whole pile of "traditional" heavy metal these days, but Sumerlands have it going on.
Them and Eternal Champion.. But they share members so it figures.

Caveman Cult are too fucking ridiculous not to listen to btw.
I mean, come on:

Have to say, I am not familiar with the work of Caveman Cult!

But, regarding trad metal, you need to unsheath the ol' Megaton Sword and see what you think of that.

Can't get into the newest Sumerlands at all but the s/t is amazing and still gets plenty of spins.

Vircolac - Masque. I haven't listened to this in a while. Savage album.

Caveman cult are great. Got to see them live in Chicago in 2016. The Rituals of Savagery demo is the best release. 1st LP has good material but the production is awful. The second album is a lot better than the first and has a sound much closer to the 1st demo.

Quote from: open face surgery on March 28, 2023, 11:47:27 AMCan't get into the newest Sumerlands at all but the s/t is amazing and still gets plenty of spins.

Same as that, thought it was just me as it seems to be lauded across the board, I was completely underwhelmed with it having loved the debut
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 28, 2023, 08:07:22 AMBut, regarding trad metal, you need to unsheath the ol' Megaton Sword and see what you think of that.

I've heard the name.. Will give 'em a lash, ta!

Quote from: Thorn on March 28, 2023, 04:36:45 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on March 28, 2023, 11:47:27 AMCan't get into the newest Sumerlands at all but the s/t is amazing and still gets plenty of spins.

Same as that, thought it was just me as it seems to be lauded across the board, I was completely underwhelmed with it having loved the debut

Spun it again this evening and not much change for me, there's just not that much of real substance to the songs, best thing I'm getting from it is that yer man's voice reminds me of Ozzy circa The Ultimate Sin which is an album I love.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: hellfire on March 19, 2023, 04:24:10 PM
Quote from: warhead on March 17, 2023, 08:59:40 PMThe Principle Of Evil Made Flesh, after already listening to Dusk and Vempire. It would be safe to say I hadn't been listening to it for like 15 years for sure. These albums still raise hair on my arms and completely blow me away. Just amazing and magical.

100% in agreement there. Everything before Midian is gold to me.

Cruelty & The Beast is kind of where they started losing me as a fan big time. But it is still a great album, honestly....

Been going through my top 5, just to make sure  :abbath:

Coroner - Mental Vortex
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Trouble - s/t
Watchtower - Control And Resistance
Cynic - Focus