Blood Incantion - History of the human race

#9031 March 24, 2023, 09:40:25 PM Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 07:28:06 AM by Eoin McLove
Primordial- Storm Before Calm.

Satyricon- Dark Medieval Times.  I finally got my pre-amp fixed and I'm giving the bootleg LP its first spin at last. What an album. This matter is rawer than the recent CD reissue which I've grown used to listening to, but it sounds fucking great.

Darkthrone- Goatlord.  First spin of the vinyl version of this mental album. I think it's much better than Soulside Journey which I find kind of sterile. Maybe one day I'll crack it, but the rawness of this and the wild vocals work for me.

Hällas - Isle of Wisdom
Ihsahn - Arktis.
Napalm Death - Throes of Joy in the Jaws of Defeatism
Tunic - Quitter
Chat Pile - God's Country

Quote from: OpenSores on March 25, 2023, 08:50:37 AMHällas - Isle of Wisdom
Ihsahn - Arktis.
Napalm Death - Throes of Joy in the Jaws of Defeatism
Tunic - Quitter
Chat Pile - God's Country

I have to pick up all those Hallas CDs for the car. So damn catchy.

#9034 March 25, 2023, 10:12:40 AM Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 11:55:27 AM by Eoin McLove
Mystifier- Göetia.
Impurity- The Lamb's Fury.
Blasphemy- Fallen Angel of Doom....
Manes- 1993-1994

#9035 March 25, 2023, 10:26:58 AM Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 10:45:57 AM by Vadge
Over the last while...

Entropia - Total : Vaccuum was a firm favorite of 2019 or so this had a lot to live up to for me and it hasn't quite grown on me to that extent yet but I can already tell its a huge leap forward in so many ways

Klone - Meanwhile : BIG fan of Here Comes The Sun, this one has them taking the simpler elements of that album but really expanding on them beautifully and they make it work so well. Seriously lush melodies and earworms throughout

The Devouring Void - The Hypnagogic Hallucinations : Utterly spectacular one-man show stuff, one of the best releases I've heard in some time. What I've listened to of the latest (split) is unreal too

Kruelty - Untopia : New on the Profound Lore roster and new enough to me, by-the-numbers beatdown stuff but it's done well enough to have me come back

Messiah - Choir of Horrors: Came across some 1989 footage of Messiah live recently and it kicked my bollocks off so I've been completely buzzing off this one lately

Gorycz - Kamenie: a work of art as far as I'm concerned. Gets under your skin like little else

Knut - Challenger because its an all-time favorite and I can never get enough of it

#9036 March 25, 2023, 12:06:23 PM Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 12:16:13 PM by Eoin McLove
Ritual Steel- A Hell of a Knight. I needed a change of pace. This has been a dust gatherer for me so let's see...

Thin Lizzy- Live and Dangerous

Circle of Dawn- Northern Savonia Black Metal. I haven't had this on in a couple of years. Savage album.

Quote from: Carnage on March 26, 2023, 03:13:06 AMBölzer: Hero

Such a great album. Bodily they'll have something new soon.

Latest spins..
Master - On The Last Day God Created Master 9/10
Ripper - Experiment of Existence 8.5/10
Speckmann Project - s/t 8/10
Bathory - Twilight 0f The Gods 8/10
Candlemass - Dactylis Glomerata 8/10
Howling Sycamore - s/t 7.5/10
Dying Fetus - Stop At Nothing 7.5/10
Grand Magus - The Hunt 7/10
C.O.C. - No Cross No Crown 7/10
Septagon - We Only Die Once 6/10
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Behemoth - Zos Kia Kultus, height of their powers

Defecation - Purity Dilution

Napalm Death - Leaders not followers

Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness

Disrupt - Unrest

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 26, 2023, 06:26:24 AM
Quote from: Carnage on March 26, 2023, 03:13:06 AMBölzer: Hero

Such a great album. Bodily they'll have something new soon.

It really is great, despite the initial Motorhead v Mastodon impression. It's pretty much it's own thing altogether after a few listens

Quote from: Cailleach on March 24, 2023, 03:24:02 PM
Quote from: londonleatherboy on March 24, 2023, 03:19:48 PMIced Earth - Burnt Offerings, Alive In Athens , Horror Show CD
Alive in Athens would have been some show to be at.

It's all you really need from them. Fantastic live set.

Future Islands- The Far Fields.
Necromantic Worship- Rites of Resurrection.
Forbidden Temple- Enter the Black Pentagram.
Satyricon- Dark Medieval Times.
Mayhem- De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas.
Ulver- Bergtatt.
Dødheimsgard- Kronet Til Konge.