Clairvoyance-Thresholds of Nothingness,only discovered these guys lately. Brilliant DM.

Arcane Sun S/t, banger

Quote from: open face surgery on February 01, 2023, 01:52:27 PMThe new tune is great. Was told that the new album is dark and demented. Looking forward to it.

Stuck in a pre-order with Rough Trade yesterday, so we shall soon see!

Hmmm, just gave it a listen there. I still struggle with Raidi Peat's vocals, I just don't really like her voice at all. The music on that song is dark and interesting... but I wish it would have developed into something. The second half sounds cool when it kicks in but it doesn't go anywhere at all. Would love to have heard some kind of dark melody play through it, or some vocal parts. I'm interested in hearing the full album, of course, and if one thing is sure, they always deliver at least one absolute stunner on every album.

I actually thought you had sold them down the river due to her vocals.

No, not entirely. There's still plenty to enjoy but I do have to skip a track here and there where her voice grates on me too much.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 02, 2023, 06:05:25 PM.. have to skip a track here and there where her voice grates on me too much.
I'd extend it to the whole lot of them. Could be the Dublin accent thing for me though.

Quote from: 04325613 on February 03, 2023, 04:58:25 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 02, 2023, 06:05:25 PM.. have to skip a track here and there where her voice grates on me too much.
I'd extend it to the whole lot of them. Could be the Dublin accent thing for me though.

More jackeen than The Dubliners, megajackeens

:laugh:

Mourning Beloveth- The Sullen Sulcus. Been way too long since I've had this on. One of MB's three flawless masterpieces. Not bad going, in fairness.

Finally got the GBK CD Kohanic Charmers. It's fuckin brilliant. Wouldn't have known it was released only for someone here put it on their end of year list.

#8756 February 03, 2023, 04:05:53 PM Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 04:08:50 PM by Cailleach
In The Woods -  Pure
                           Cease the day

In Crucem Agere - Calling the Void

Mental Devestation - The Delusional Mystery of the Self
Ripper - Experiments of Existence
Force of Darkness - Twilight of Dark Illumination
Grave Digger - Heavy Metal Breakdown

Quote from: open face surgery on February 03, 2023, 06:37:13 PMMental Devestation - The Delusional Mystery of the Self
Ripper - Experiments of Existence
Force of Darkness - Twilight of Dark Illumination
Grave Digger - Heavy Metal Breakdown

I read that last one as Heavy Metal Bedroom...