Stormkeep - Tales of Othertime

Foreigner - Double Vision
I heard a surprisingly killer song ('Lonely Children') off this 1978 album from the boys who would later wanna know what love is. Less surprisingly, it turned out to be very much the highlight of the album.

Quote from: astfgyl on January 28, 2023, 04:23:14 PM
Quote from: Bürggermeister on January 28, 2023, 03:44:31 PMI only have Comfort by them but never delved deeper.

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible

A total 10/10 lock of the week all time classic album. Genius.

Haven't tried Comfort at all as it happens. Any use?
It's ok, nothing special, to me at least.

High on Fire - The Art of Self Defense
Possessed - Seven Churches

Of Feather And Bone - Sulfuric Disintegration.
Carpathian Forest - Morbid Fascination Of Death.
Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times.

Quote from: Circlepit on January 30, 2023, 02:44:46 PMOf Feather And Bone - Sulfuric Disintegration.
Carpathian Forest - Morbid Fascination Of Death.
Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times.
That OFAB album is a real gem,ferocious!

It really is a belter.

The Pact on the way home today. I can't get enough!  8)

I agree somewhat about Fallen Angel of Doom. It's an excellent album but doesn't deserve the adulation heaped on it. I often thought they sold more t-shirts and back patches than copies of the album.

Agatus- Dawn of Martyrdom. Of their three albums this is the one that has grabbed me the least, but I am finding it familiar and enjoyable this evening so I think I'll throw it back in the car for another run. Hopefully something new is brewing from these quarters.

Amon Amarth - The Great Heathen Army

I remember reading a quote years ago about how WWE was just a tshirt company with the wrestling designed to sell as many as possible. Feels like Amon Amarth have reached this point with the last few albums, just completely phoning it in now

Unleashed - Across The Open Sea
Apostate Viaticum - Before The Gates Of Gomorrah.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on January 30, 2023, 01:20:27 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on January 28, 2023, 04:23:14 PM
Quote from: Bürggermeister on January 28, 2023, 03:44:31 PMI only have Comfort by them but never delved deeper.

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible

A total 10/10 lock of the week all time classic album. Genius.

Haven't tried Comfort at all as it happens. Any use?
It's ok, nothing special, to me at least.

High on Fire - The Art of Self Defense
Possessed - Seven Churches

Checked out Comfort, you're right it's not great. Everything from Fantastic Planet on is far better than it, even the b-sides collection

Listened again to the new Lankum tune which almost seems as if it might belong on this board as easily as the off topic, but that's a can of worms in itself

I didn't know Lankum had a new one out. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Yeah I was only told about it yesterday it's great. Bleak as can be

New tune is really something alright.

The new tune is great. Was told that the new album is dark and demented. Looking forward to it.