Yep it's cool. Really MDB reigns supreme for me, but PL are up there and have nostalgic value for me. I asked Anathema for years as their doom did passed me by in the 90s and the 00s stuff didn't really interest me. I like the early stuff now. There are a few songs on the second half of the record that seem a bit airy fairy but I reckon they'll grow on me with repeated listens as they add quite a bit of subtle drama.

#8701 January 25, 2023, 01:53:21 AM Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 02:00:46 AM by Carnage
I fucking hate The Silent Enigma and Turn Loose The Swans. I must be a falser.

Just happen to be playing BI: Hidden History... again now and it's so ridiculously good. That long final song is glorious.

The Secret: Lux Tenebris

#8702 January 25, 2023, 02:02:27 AM Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 03:35:55 AM by Carnage
Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 24, 2023, 07:45:13 PMReverend Bizarre- In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend. Cunt of an album. Everything about it sucks.

Even knowing you're pulling the piss...

You have no willy.

Trouble: 1990 s/t
Dead Can Dance: Toward The Within

Ah
Quote from: Carnage on January 25, 2023, 02:02:27 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 24, 2023, 07:45:13 PMReverend Bizarre- In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend. Cunt of an album. Everything about it sucks.

Even knowing you're pulling the piss...

You have no willy.

Trouble: 1990 s/t
Dead Can Dance: Toward The Within

Ah towards the within. Great live album. Moved to Prague years back and this was my go to album at bedtime.

Bad Brains - Rise
Mindwork - Eterea
Kreator - Pleasure To Kill

Candlemass - Dactylis Glomerata

Controversial album, but I've been allowing it time since picking it up for a tenner on vinyl. Up to this point, definitely the Candlemass album I listened to the least. And of course, people, not totally inaccurately, say it's not a Candlemass album. But all those caveats aside, it's a damn fine listen and I like Flodkvist's vocal performances on all the stuff he was on.

Same here, I picked it up cheap of Svart a while back having only ever had a tape copy which didn't get much attention .It's not a bad album by any means, just not one of their classics
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Unearth - Extinction.
Deicide - S/T
Obituary - Slowly We Rot
Slayer - Decade Of Aggression.

Mortician - Darkest Day of Horror
Carved Cross - Severance of Disparity in Absolute Acrimony
Carved Cross - Embittered Amidst the Ashes
Mare - Ebony Tower
Dark Sonority - Kaosrekviem
Celestial Bloodshed - Cursed, Scarred and Forever Possessed

Disgorge - Consume the Forsaken
Defeated Sanity - Psalms of the Moribund
Defeated Sanity - Chapters of Repugnance
Carcass - Reek of Putrefaction
Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness
The Lamp Of Thoth - Portents, Omens and Dooms (Been at least a decade)

I had Portents... on a couple of years ago for the first time in years. It's no timeless genre classic but it's good fun.

I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

God Alone - Etc
Nomadus - Axis Primordial

Novembre - Novembrine Waltz

Not played this in years. Really enjoying rediscovering it.

Obituary - Dying To Live 7/10
Exciter - Exciter 8/10
Entombed AD - Back To The Front 7/10
Voivod - War and Pain 8/10
Convulse - World Without God 7/10
Savatage - Hall of The Mountain King 9/10
Cryptic Shift - Visitations From Enceladus 7/10
Mournful Congregation - The Monad of Creation 8/10
Convulse - Reflections 5/10
Slutvomit - Swarming Darkness 7/10

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes