Importing quotes from a totally unrelated thread:

Quote from: astfgyl on August 03, 2022, 05:18:02 PM
Quote from: ochoill on August 03, 2022, 04:34:51 PMFucks sake how am I supposed to text you hourly until you listen to the Chat Pile album now

God's Country? Fuck it I'll throw it on now.

Got recommended this by a totally non-metal mate Friday night so decided to give it a go today. Killer listen, going for a second round immediately now.

Quote from: Blizzard Beast on January 21, 2023, 10:23:32 PMKatatonia -Sky void of starts.
Opeth =Black Water Park.
Melechesh -The epigenesis.
In the Woods - Diversum.
D666 -Never Surrender.

Had Blackwater Park on lately. Still decent. Think I slightly prefer Deliverance these days but it's close

#8687 January 22, 2023, 08:23:48 PM Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 09:41:38 PM by londonleatherboy
DeathFuckingCunt - Decadent Preversity cd
Vorga - striving towards oblivion cd
Hellfrosy and Fire - Fire Frost and He'll cd
Steeleing- Zone of Alienation cd

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 22, 2023, 05:38:41 PMImporting quotes from a totally unrelated thread:

Quote from: astfgyl on August 03, 2022, 05:18:02 PM
Quote from: ochoill on August 03, 2022, 04:34:51 PMFucks sake how am I supposed to text you hourly until you listen to the Chat Pile album now

God's Country? Fuck it I'll throw it on now.

Got recommended this by a totally non-metal mate Friday night so decided to give it a go today. Killer listen, going for a second round immediately now.

It's a very decent album. Stink of early Korn off the guitars but it manages to be nothing like Korn at the same time. Regularly throw it on here

Anathema- The Silent Enigma. LP landed today  8)

White Death - White Death
Goatmoon - Finnish Steel Storm
Sargeist - Satanic Black Devotion

Quote from: astfgyl on January 22, 2023, 08:22:16 PM
Quote from: Blizzard Beast on January 21, 2023, 10:23:32 PMKatatonia -Sky void of starts.
Opeth =Black Water Park.
In the Woods - Diversum.
D666 -Never Surrender.
Yeah its a decent album hadnt listened to it in a while.

Had Blackwater Park on lately. Still decent. Think I slightly prefer Deliverance these days but it's close
Quote from: astfgyl on January 22, 2023, 08:22:16 PM
Opeth =Black Water Park.
In the Woods - Diversum.
D666 -Never Surrender.

Blood Incantation - Hidden Histories...

Following on from Bono Averill's latest podcast. This was one that kind of got away from me. Remember when it came out the hype was huge so I tended to avoid it. Listening to it today I really like it.

They're an excellent band and that's their best one IMO. The krautrock one they put out last year was mighty too, though you're still better off listening to the original bands.

I've never listened to them at all but having listened to the podcast with himself I'll have to rectify that.
Am I correct in thinking that last years release is a synth soundscape affair?

Pretty much, kind of an ambient/krautrock affair.

It's deadly ambient, cinematic soundscape stuff.
Check out their 'Interdimensional Extinction' ep, it's a whopper DM release. The drumming is particularly savage

Reverend Bizarre- In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend. Cunt of an album. Everything about it sucks.

Nagelfar -Hünengrab im Herbst

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 23, 2023, 07:17:09 AMAnathema- The Silent Enigma. LP landed today  8)
Stuck this on out of interest, despite being a fan of death/doom I always avoided them as I read an interview years ago where they seemed to look down on metal.

Have so say begrudgingly I am quite enjoying it, it's polished but a bit more aggressive and riffy than PL and MDB.