Quote from: BoobC on December 12, 2022, 04:52:20 PMAndy, Fern Floor vibes there. Get the guitar...  :)

Fern Floor is a distant memory but I may be working very slowly on something not a million miles away from that.

Fastkill - Nuclear Thrashing Attack
Sadus - Swallowed In Black
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

#8537 December 13, 2022, 05:52:17 AM Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 07:07:16 AM by Eoin McLove
Primordial- Imrama.

Rotting Christ- A Dead Poem. This has a very mid-period Paradise Lost feel to a lot of it. Not bad. The layout on the LP is poor enough though. The lyrics are tiny, the band pic even smaller... looks a bit thrown together but the sound is really good.

Funereal Presence- The Archer Takes Aim. Long time since I've put this on. Savage album but I think Achatius is slightly better... It's a close call.

Destroyer666 - Never Surrender

I know a lot of lads didn't like the single at all but it's a good album, really shines in places.

Enslaved - Eld

Probably my favourite of theirs, even though I got into after later albums like Isa.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on December 13, 2022, 07:12:44 AMDestroyer666 - Never Surrender

I know a lot of lads didn't like the single at all but it's a good album, really shines in places.

Enslaved - Eld

Probably my favourite of theirs, even though I got into after later albums like Isa.

Isa was the first album of theirs I bought. I never really liked it but I worked backwards and I think Vikingligr Veldi and Frost are cool when I'm in the mood. Blodraum (?) is decent too but less interesting to me. I have yet to pick up Eld.

Same here, Isa was the first. There's a trio of songs, 4,5 and 6 I think, that were class, the balance a bit middling. Eld is more epic and sweeping, I'd say you'd like it.

I have listened to it on the phone but haven't picked it up yet. I see a local shop has it in stock so I might bite the bullet...

Isa was catchy and well crafted but it was a bit too polite for me. Much like anything from their more progressive era that I've heard. You can't fault it other than it lacks darkness and savagery. Oh wait, that's a huge fucking fault!

Have you watched the documentary series about them that came out during lockdown? Heimvegen, 12 parts, excellent stuff.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on December 13, 2022, 07:12:44 AMDestroyer666 - Never Surrender

Enslaved - Eld

Eld is the best release. First four albums are great then I start to fall asleep after those. Use to like some of the later stuff but can't be bothered with it these days. Saw them live last in 2018 and left half way through the set all they were playing was newer material.

Would love to see one of those sets where they play the earlier albums in full but they will never tour that. Even a single song from Eld live would be something.

I wish they'd reissue the first album on CD, it's the only gap in my collection and I'm not paying €75 for a secondhand copy.

Quote from: Carnage on December 13, 2022, 08:44:28 AMHave you watched the documentary series about them that came out during lockdown? Heimvegen, 12 parts, excellent stuff.

Yeah, it was great.

Quote from: Carnage on December 13, 2022, 09:21:16 AMI wish they'd reissue the first album on CD, it's the only gap in my collection and I'm not paying €75 for a secondhand copy.

Most likely issues with the rights stopping that. I know it took years to sort out the rights for finally releasing the album on vinyl.

That was on DSP if memory serves, dunno who has the rights there these days but that's presumably it alright. The way my luck goes, I know full well that if I bite the bullet and shell out for it, a reissue will be announced the following day.

Culte des Ghoules - Henbane

I've had Coven on a few times over the last couple of weeks, so coming back to this one now. Both absolutely killer and distinct albums.

Mael Mórdha- Cluan Tarbh.