#8280 October 21, 2022, 10:46:13 AM Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 12:29:44 PM by 91/30
Enslaved - Below the Lights
Emperor - Reverence, CD EP from 1997

Jimmy Vaughan - Strange Pleasure, easy going blues rock

Quote from: 91/30 on October 21, 2022, 10:46:13 AMEnslaved - Below the Lights
Emperor - Reverence, CD EP from 1997

Reverence is the only Emperor release I bought, never could take to them.

I see Enslaved are putting out a remaster of the demo, kinda wish I hadn't bought the Peaceville reissue last year now.

#8282 October 21, 2022, 11:10:43 PM Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 10:37:54 AM by Eoin McLove
As an accompaniment to my new Lovecraft collection...

Forgotten Woods- The Curse of Mankind CD
Moss- Tombs of the Blind Drugged 10"
Moss- Carmilla/ Marcilla 10"
Varathron- His Majesty at the Swamp 12"
Rotting Christ- Thy Mighty Contract CD
In the Woods...- HEart of the Ages CD
Primordial- Spirit the Earth Aflame CD

Type O - October Rust
Type O - Dead Again

The mood took me.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 15, 2022, 09:28:29 AMHällas - Excerpts From A Future Past

Jesus, this is class. Pure 70s rock worship, everything from Deep Purple to Yes, and the vocalist sounds for all the world like yer man from Megaton Sword but doing a prog approach, to the point I had to go and check it wasn't actually him. Anyway, tis deadly, and barely gotten a few mentions on here (although, since search function is still giving me gyp, can't be 100% sure on that). Check it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKYc6gvcfGw

I'm a little obsessed with Hällas since checking them out. Good shout!

Tankard: Zombie Attack

Good stuff, any other Tankard albums people would recommend?

Memoriam - For The Fallen. Never gave this much time before. The guitarist loves pinch harmonics. It borders on Zakk Wylde territory in places. Are all the albums similar?

Zetra - From Without.

Getting ready for Damnation, so having a listen to the headliners since I never really checked their stuff out before

Converge - Jane Doe, not my type of thing at all, but reckon it'd be interesting live

Godflesh - Streetcleaner, can definitely hear how early SYL and Fear Factory were influenced by them

Pig Destroyer - Prolwer in the Yard, never been a grind fan but this has a nice mixture to it, and Jennifer is an absolutely mental opener

Fuckin loved Jane Doe and Prowler when I was younger. Still great albums but I'd never put them on.

Vanilla ice cream smeared across her double chin like a money shot.

Have a huge soft spot for their second latest album One Foot in the Grave. Completely different style from the thrash assault of their debut but definitely a grower.
Quote from: leatherface on October 22, 2022, 11:42:19 AMTankard: Zombie Attack

Tiamat-The Astral Sleep, Clouds, Sumerian Cry. Wish they'd return to this style again.

Quote from: leatherface on October 22, 2022, 11:42:19 AMTankard: Zombie Attack

Definitely try 'Chemical Invasion' man
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

#8292 October 22, 2022, 11:08:07 PM Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 03:28:12 AM by Thorn
Anacrusis - Reason 7.5/10
Storm Witch - Tales of Terror 7.5/10
Running Wild - Rapid Foray 6/10
My Dying Bride - The Ghost of Orion - 8/10
Nile - Vile Nilotic Rites 8.5/10
Queensryche - Digital Noise Alliance 7/10
Atlantean Kodex- The Course of Empire 7/10
1349 - The Infernal Pathway 9/10
Blut Aus Nord - Hallucinogen 8/10
Einherjer - Norrone Spor 7/10
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Frozen Graves - An Age of Emptiness

Just onto my second listen of this on YouTube. Had a few reservations intially but it's hitting the spot nicely.

Quote from: Trev on October 22, 2022, 09:30:35 PMPig Destroyer - Prolwer in the Yard, never been a grind fan but this has a nice mixture to it, and Jennifer is an absolutely mental opener

I have a few of theirs but haven't played them in a long time. Must be due another listen. That Paul Booth artwork is other worldly. I'm getting a tattoo by a guy who trained under him in a few weeks.