Quote from: OpenSores on October 16, 2024, 02:48:05 PMTomb Mold - Planetary Clairvoyance
Chat Pile - Cool World
Oranssi Pazuzu - Muuntautuja
Blood Incantation - Absolute Elsewhere
Tindersticks - Soft Tissue

What do you make of Cool World? I think it's a step forward but not in the way I thought they'd go but I think it's very good at the same time

Friends of Hell - God Damned You to Hell
Sabbat - Karmagmassacre
Holy Terror - Terror and Submission
Nocturnal Rites - The Sacred Talisman
Warlust - Sol Invictus In Vmbrae Satanae
Vircolac - Veneration

Quote from: astfgyl on October 16, 2024, 11:27:22 PM
Quote from: OpenSores on October 16, 2024, 02:48:05 PMTomb Mold - Planetary Clairvoyance
Chat Pile - Cool World
Oranssi Pazuzu - Muuntautuja
Blood Incantation - Absolute Elsewhere
Tindersticks - Soft Tissue

What do you make of Cool World? I think it's a step forward but not in the way I thought they'd go but I think it's very good at the same time

It's really very good, I'd agree it's a step forward. I'm getting a massive whiff of the Big Black/Godflesh influences off this one. I recommended it to a mate who is hearing a Deftones influence, I don't hear it myself.

Departure Chandelier (can/us) Satan soldier of fortune

This band is on NWN so maybe relatively well known or totally obscure, I don't know. Black Metal of a primitive sort, Darkthrone ish in some ways. Keys reminiscent of maybe Temple of the Fullmoon or other early 90s European BM in general. I'd recommend it anyway.

Have the first one which is great. Been meaning to grab this.

I have the first one and it didn't click with me but they were savage in Japan in April. Must revisit the album.

#14646 October 18, 2024, 02:53:44 AM Last Edit: October 18, 2024, 04:56:37 AM by 91/30
Stryper - Against the law.  It's grand, I mean its blue skies outside, I'm sittin listening to it in a tropical shirt and a pair of shorts like a right fuckin eejit. 
Danzig - Satan's Child , 1st listen, found the CDr in the case of Lucifuge. Middling.
Flotsam and Jetsam - Cuatro, big Metallica Black Album influences but I like this album 
Howe II - Now Hear This
Danzig- Lucifuge

#14647 October 18, 2024, 08:05:26 AM Last Edit: October 18, 2024, 12:34:26 PM by Eoin McLove
Bathory- The Return...
Bathory- s/t.
Ragnarok- Nattferd. The vinyl landed today in all its glory. If not exactly the most beautiful album cover in the world the music is absolutely perfect. This is the exact sort of BM buzz I've been after the past few years. Unfussy, direct and full of that medieval darkness and grandeur that infuses all the best stuff. Monstrous and fitting production on it.
Aura Noir- The Merciless.

Grand Magus - Sunraven
Ensiferum - Winter Storm

Rorschach - Protestant
Gehenna - Negotium Perambulans in Tenebris

Anciients - Beyond the Reach of the Sun
Cantique Lepreux - Cendres Celestes
Aborration - Demonolatry

Quote from: Maggot Colony on October 18, 2024, 12:12:09 PMRorschach - Protestant
Gehenna - Negotium Perambulans in Tenebris

Solid choices.

Third full listen to new Oranssi Pazuzu. Digging it and its trip-hop drum sound more and more.

#14653 October 19, 2024, 01:01:50 AM Last Edit: October 19, 2024, 01:03:23 AM by Ducky
ABBA - Gold. Still the best album to come out of Sweden. :abbath:

Probably should mention Napalm Death - Enemies of the Music Business, Apex Predator/Easy Meat, Breed to Breathe too, I guess  :laugh:

Even when it comes to Abba, best ofs are not tr00  :P