#14655 October 19, 2024, 01:21:11 AM Last Edit: October 19, 2024, 11:48:13 AM by Eoin McLove
Aura Noir- The Merciless.
Ragnarok- Nattferd.
Forgotten Woods- As The Wolves Gather.
In the Woods...- Isle of Men.

#14656 October 19, 2024, 01:39:37 AM Last Edit: October 19, 2024, 01:56:14 AM by Ducky
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus.

Sweet titty-fucking Christ on a bike, this record, man.  I remember many, many years ago gushing to Barry/Bane "doom might be my definitive thing, dude" (turns out it wasn't; step forward widdly tech-death, and Rush), but listening to this two decades after that conversation it's easy to see why I thought it could be (in fairness I also got into this for the first time simultaneously with Trouble's debut/Psalm 9, and Solitude Aeturnus' "Beyond the Crimson Horizon " - a great day for the doom parish by most standards) and why I was fucking obsessed (doom pun not intended) with it for months on end.

Spoiler
ABBA still best Swedes  :abbath:  :abbath:  :abbath:
[close]

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 19, 2024, 01:12:18 AMEven when it comes to Abba, best ofs are not tr00  :P

I cannot deny, you've got me there. Benny & Co. are sad as fuck right now, no doubt  :'(

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 19, 2024, 01:21:11 AMAura Noir- The Merciless.
Ragnarok- Nattferd.

That Forgotten Woods is one of my favourite things to come out of 90s Norwegian BM.

There's an ABBA tune that a friend once recommended to me that's pure trip-hop, I must find out what it's called. I love finding deep cuts like that.

Quote from: Grim Reality on October 19, 2024, 02:41:59 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 19, 2024, 01:21:11 AMAura Noir- The Merciless.
Ragnarok- Nattferd.

That Forgotten Woods is one of my favourite things to come out of 90s Norwegian BM.

Have you picked up that Ragnarok album? I reckon you'd love it.

Aura Noir- The Merciless. This is savage stuff.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 20, 2024, 02:24:33 AMAura Noir- The Merciless. This is savage stuff.

No bullshit, uncompromising metal. Going to put it on immediately.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on October 20, 2024, 09:20:39 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 20, 2024, 02:24:33 AMAura Noir- The Merciless. This is savage stuff.

I ignored these lads over the years due to their sucky name, artwork and logo. Neither inspired confidence, but Jesus, they are class. I love the really dry production as well. Going to listen to Dreams Like Deserts tonight and see if it's as good as I see it, too, has been reissued. Cool cover on it in a simple 90s BM style.

I know it's a bite sized album but every track is quality. Guitars are a bit low etc etc but the perfectly executed tempo changes and those violent, vehement vocals! Glorious.

Production and length work for me.

DLD and Black Thrash Attack are the best. Everything is great except Hades Rise which for me is just too slow. They are even better live than on the studio recordings. Great to see them back together and they are working on a new album. Just like Destroyer, Aura Noir is great drinking music.

Dreams Like Deserts on here now. You can really hear the Darkthrone influence but their own character is there too. Loving it.

Agent Steel - Mad Locust Rising - Live at Hammersmith Odeon
Helrunar - Frostnacht
Minenwerfer- Alpenpässe

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 20, 2024, 09:26:33 AM
Quote from: Caomhaoin on October 20, 2024, 09:20:39 AM

I ignored these lads over the years due to their sucky name, artwork and logo. Neither inspired confidence, but Jesus, they are class. I love the really dry production as well. Going to listen to Dreams Like Deserts tonight and see if it's as good as I see it, too, has been reissued. Cool cover on it in a simple 90s BM style.
I was the same,I only checked them out because your man Apollyon was in Cadaver (inc) and I absolutely adored the album Discipline!.Check that out  if you haven't before,savage stuff!