#14355 September 18, 2024, 02:32:48 PM Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 03:02:54 PM by Carnage
Have a good sin is from Only The Good Die Young.

The Evil That Men Do is fantastic, if there's one dud on that album it's Can I Play With Madness. Catchy yes, but a very silly song. The Wasted Years of that album.

I'm no massive Maiden fan but Wasted Years is a belter!

It's alright. The worst song on the album though.

Now Playing is Now the Controversial Maiden Opinion Thread!

Quote from: Carnage on September 18, 2024, 02:32:48 PMHave a good sin is from Only The Good Die Young.

The Evil That Men Do is fantastic, if there's one dud on that album it's Can I Play With Madness. Catchy yes, but a very silly song. The Wasted Years of that album.

Lol yes, of course you're right.

The Evil that Men Do is a banger, yeah. Incredible brain fart on my behalf! It's Only the Good Die Young that wrecks my head.

Can I Play With Madness - very daft. I love it though. And the video with the cranky arsehole teacher and everything. Deadly.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 18, 2024, 01:55:29 PMAh Jesus... The Evil That Men Do is epic. I'm flabbergasted.

Yeah, no. I was being a gobshite. I meant Ony the Good Die Young, as Carnage there pointed out. Thoughts and prayers for your gasted flabber.

Only The Good Die Young is also great.

The 'cranky arsehole teacher' from the CIPWM video is none other than Graham Chapman of Monty Python fame (in I think his final onscreen appearance).

Quote from: Crow on September 18, 2024, 03:43:17 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 18, 2024, 01:55:29 PMAh Jesus... The Evil That Men Do is epic. I'm flabbergasted.

Yeah, no. I was being a gobshite. I meant Ony the Good Die Young, as Carnage there pointed out. Thoughts and prayers for your gasted flabber.

Only the Good Die Young is nowhere near The Evil... but it's a decent tune.

Skogmark - Sworn To Paganism

Massive bang of Mgla off these lads, though their newest tracks off an upcoming album Vintermark mixes in some more shrieky almost Burzum-esque elements. Daycent for a YT recommendation discovery anyway.

Quote from: Crow on September 18, 2024, 01:38:29 PM
Quote from: Ducky on September 18, 2024, 01:30:25 PMDoubly annoying that they have pretty much their entire studio discography + a hape of live albums on the shelf, but SSoaSS is kaput.

That's nuts. You'd imagine that has to be a temporary thing.

Here. Sanctuary beats the bollox off The Evil that Men Do, btw. Can't hack that one, really, despite being crazy for the rest of Seventh Son.

Have a good sin. Fuck off.

Glad I'm only seeing this now and the sheer coolness of The Evil That Men Do has been acknowledged - one of the three songs that got me into metal hey! (the other two being The Thing That Should Not Be, and Devil's Island).

A cursory glance at Amazon UK says the 2015 remaster is unavailable...

It's there in the other sellers section. 16-odd quid will get it for you new.

Speaking of Only The Good Die Young, has anyone heard the new Cloven Hoof and in particular the track Darkest Before The Dawn? I mean..It's eyebrow raising at the very least
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Axe Steeler - On the Run
Wolf - Feeding The Machine
Vision Master - Sceptre
Manowar - Into Glory Ride

Asphyx - Death...The Brutal Way

This pummelling bastard of an album soundtracked my commute this morning.

Quote from: Thorn on September 19, 2024, 03:37:45 AMSpeaking of Only The Good Die Young, has anyone heard the new Cloven Hoof and in particular the track Darkest Before The Dawn? I mean..It's eyebrow raising at the very least

That's fairly blatant alright.