I'd put Piece Of Mind at the bottom of the first seven list, mainly for the tinny production* but also because Die With Your Boots On and the phenomenally stupid Quest For Fire drag it down. But none of those albums are shit, that's objectively nonsense.

*Having said that, the 2015 remaster is the first decent sounding version of it.

The debut is in my top 3 along with Number of the Beast and Seventh Son. Killers... meh.

Killers was the first one I bought (it had the most songs), so I'll always rate it highly. Plus it's brilliant, so there's that.

Nile-Annihilation of the wicked, been listening to this a lot lately!.What a fuckin album!

Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla
Satan - Songs of Crimson

Quiet weekend.  Not listened to Rocka Rolla in ages and the new Satan is good but I have only played it a couple of times so far.   

Death Angel - The Art Of Dying 7/10

2004 and Death Angel were back in the game with a diverse and vibrant album that crackled with energy and vitality. In truth the band sounded like they had been chomping at the leash for years, delivering a mega payload of hooks and riffs that must have been eating them up inside.
It's not all gold though and after blazing through the opening three tracks things go a little awry with the band incorporating more commercial mid nineties sounding fare but the likes of 'Spirit' and 'No' pull things around again without ever hitting the all out thrash attack of the first trio.
The band would go on to write better albums but this was a very welcome return from a much loved band in my gaff anyway.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

I can't stand DiAnno's blokey geezer vibe, and a lot of the songs are like that too.

Phantom of the Opera and Remember Tomorrow are formative classics, Transylvania is decent too, but the rest of the album is akin to cheesy pub rock.

Basically Maiden aren't worth a shite to me without Dickinson and Smith :abbath:

Jesus Ducky, you are killing me here man.

N.P. -

DOKKEN - Tooth And Nail
DOKKEN - Broken Bones
LOUDNESS - Thunder In The East
JUDAS PRIEST- Point Of Entry
SCORPIONS - Crazy World

I think it was the shock of being a young fella, coming home from the record shop with a copy of Killers, and expecting it to sound like the only two I had heard before it, namely Powerslave and Seventh Son :laugh:

NP - Iron Maiden - Live After Death (ah, that's better!)

Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East.

Quote from: Paul keohane on September 16, 2024, 09:07:37 AMNile-Annihilation of the wicked, been listening to this a lot lately!.What a fuckin album!

The solo sections on Cast Down the Heretic are intense!

Quote from: Ducky on September 16, 2024, 05:57:51 PMI think it was the shock of being a young fella, coming home from the record shop with a copy of Killers, and expecting it to sound like the only two I had heard before it, namely Powerslave and Seventh Son :laugh:

I had a similar experience, I'd only heard Live After Death at that stage (borrowed from an older cousin) and was quite surprised by what came out of the speakers, but liked it nonetheless. Enough to keep going with them anywy.

Killers was my introduction, and has long been my favourite, closely followed by Piece Of Mind, and then probably Somewhere In Time.

Biggest shock for me after listening to Live After Death for a couple of years before hearing any of the first 5 studio albums is how much faster the live versions were played. 

DOKKEN - Under Lock And Key

There was some serious Priest (and occasionally Scorpions and Accept) worship from Lynch on the classic Dokken albums. That's not a complaint.

Alcest - Les Chants de l'Aurore (just can't get into this one). 
Savage Grace - Master of Disguise
Killing Joke - Killing Joke (1980)
Voodoo Kiss - Feel The Curse
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life or Death
Virgin Steele - Virgin Steele I