Dianno Warhorse - spinning this on holidays all week..good old fashioned eavy metal romp...hed no input to songwriting whatsoever so some of the tunes are actually good

Quote from: mickO))) on July 25, 2024, 12:01:56 PM
Quote from: Count Magnus on July 24, 2024, 02:32:33 PMListened to Celestial Wanderer earlier. Savage stuff. Wish they included it with the Hour of the Centaur CD. Going to pick up Celestial Wanderer/Sowing With Salt and Justice from Amazon.

Purity that has already been mentioned would be seen by the majority of people as the best full length. Then for me Battlefields follows closely behind. The Blood and Fire EP along with the Ildjarn split are well worth checking out if you aren't familiar with the material from before the reunion. All the releases range from good to amazing.

Blood of Kingu is similar to HF but with even less melodic parts and the lyrics focus on Egyptian / Tibetan themes some songs even have Tibetan throat singing. Then you also have Rattenfänger which is great death metal and his most recent project Precambrian in which he sings about Nature / Geology etc. The full length which came out in 2020 for me is one of the best things Roman has recorded.

Just listen to how the album starts off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_EhlOjIETQ

He just seems to be one of those musicians who releases all top quality material. The worst in my opinion of the lot is Drudkh. In saying that the first two Drudkh full lengths are amazing. I own the later stuff but a lot of it still hasn't clicked with me yet.

I own The Most Ancient Ones, Hour of the Centaur, and Innermost but haven't given the rest of their releases a listen. Listened to Sorrow earlier. It's very good, but I don't see anything topping HOTC for me.

Drudkh always bored the arse off me. I didn't bother with Hate Forest for a long time as I thought they'd be more of the same, but it's a different beast entirely. That Precambrian album is savage as well.

The Swan Road is the Drudkh album that I got into. I also have a fancy picture disc version of Autumn Aurora but I never really gave it much time.

I threw Sorrow on in the car earlier. It was fine for 4 songs and then I gave up and stuck on Axegrinder instead. The relentless programmed blasting drums that didn't change tempo or even drum beat for two or three songs are a challenge, but if you focus on the riffs and vocals it's alright. Probably one that'll go ball on the shelf to be honest. The inlay is beautiful though.

I'm sure people are sick to fuck of me shiting on about Hour of the Centaur, but maybe give that a listen before you dismiss them completely. The song-writing on that and Innermost are more varied, and the production is less suffocating than the earlier stuff.

I'll give it a whirl and see  8)

Mayhemic - Toba
Sounds great so far.

Tomb Mold - Manor of Infinite Forms, Planetary Clairvoyance.

Bangers. Really hope they go back to this sound. The "Dealz-does-Cynic" of their last album was such a bust in comparison.

Quote from: open face surgery on July 26, 2024, 12:22:44 PMMayhemic - Toba
Sounds great so far.

Read the review on last rites and meant to check it out. Must give it a spin.

Np...Armagh - Serpent Storm
Chat Pile - God's Country

Hellvetron - Death Scrolls of Seven Hells and Its Infernal Majesties

Had that Mayhemic on this morning, fair bang of (very) old Sepultura/Kreator/Sodom of it. What is it with Chile, are they breeding Metalheads from birth out there these days?
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Yep, picked up on the early Seps buzz. Interesting album. Look forward to repeat listens. Chile is killing it in all things metal.

MOTORHEAD - Motorhead
MOTORHEAD - Ace Of Spades
MOTORHEAD - Iron Fist
MOTORHEAD - BBC Live & In-Session

Panphage - Storm

The Exploited - Beat The Bastards

#13783 July 27, 2024, 02:13:55 AM Last Edit: July 27, 2024, 02:15:30 AM by Heavymetalleprechaun
Heir apparent.
Excellent band if your into classic queensryche, lethal, sanctuary, crimson glory you get the idea :). Check them out

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mK89RjbUpiI9-WezfQTNywtu6O94v_fQU&si=85jmWh4f23CPsRst

#13784 July 27, 2024, 08:10:30 AM Last Edit: July 27, 2024, 08:18:22 AM by Anvil
Quote from: Heavymetalleprechaun on July 27, 2024, 02:13:55 AMHeir apparent.
Excellent band if your into classic queensryche, lethal, sanctuary, crimson glory you get the idea :). Check them out

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mK89RjbUpiI9-WezfQTNywtu6O94v_fQU&si=85jmWh4f23CPsRst

Good shout!  I have a couple of demo compilations that were issued on CD recently (Foundation I & II) and Graceful Inheritance. Graceful Inheritance is excellent.  They also did a decent cover of the Sound of Silence.

Minenwerfer - Kriegserklarung
Metal Church - The Final Sermon Live in Japan 2019
Overkill - The Years of Decay.