Quote from: Count Magnus on July 24, 2024, 09:23:58 AM
Quote from: Anvil on July 24, 2024, 07:36:39 AMHate Forest - Justice

Great to see Hate Forest so active again. They've been on a roll since coming back in 2020.

I'll give Justice a spin today as well as Celestial Wanderer/Sowing With Salt which I haven't heard yet.

It's very annoying that you can't listen to their music on Spotify or Bandcamp. Burzum and Graveland are on Spotify, so why not Hate Forest?!

I'm still a physical music person.  I do use YouTube to listen to stuff I've bought but have no idea which box it is in or which bed it is under. 

I've always enjoyed Hate Forest's music, think it was from Supernal who I first bought something them from back in the 00s. Just got this on CD.  Was a tenner from Amazon. 

Quote from: mickO))) on July 24, 2024, 11:33:28 AM

Great to see Hate Forest so active again. They've been on a roll since coming back in 2020.

I'll give Justice a spin today as well as Celestial Wanderer/Sowing With Salt which I haven't heard yet.

It's very annoying that you can't listen to their music on Spotify or Bandcamp. Burzum and Graveland are on Spotify, so why not Hate Forest?!

They finally have printed lyrics for this release which is great to see. The 7" that came with the comeback album in 2020 is the best thing they have ever released.

Listened to Celestial Wanderer earlier. Savage stuff. Wish they included it with the Hour of the Centaur CD. Going to pick up Celestial Wanderer/Sowing With Salt and Justice from Amazon.

Quote from: Anvil on July 24, 2024, 12:08:11 PM

I'm still a physical music person.  I do use YouTube to listen to stuff I've bought but have no idea which box it is in or which bed it is under. 

I've always enjoyed Hate Forest's music, think it was from Supernal who I first bought something them from back in the 00s. Just got this on CD.  Was a tenner from Amazon. 

I still prefer the physical versions as well, but I always listen to releases online before purchasing them. I have Celestial Wanderer/Sowing With Salt and Justice in my Amazon basket.

I only got into Hate Forest when Hour of the Centaur was released. It's a fucking beast of an album.

NP Deicide - The Stench of Redemption

VAN HALEN - Fair Warning
MORBID ANGEL - Heretic
TROUBLE - Run To The Light

Seltar- Autoscopia

Quote from: Count Magnus on July 24, 2024, 02:36:15 PMI only got into Hate Forest when Hour of the Centaur was released. It's a fucking beast of an album.

I was familiar with the name but had never checked them out before, just listened to a bit of that album. Jaysus it's mighty, reminds me of Gaahl era Gorgoroth. I wasn't sure about the vocals at first but they'd grown on me by the end of the first song. I might pick that one up myself.

Only know Purity but that's class.

Serment - Chante, O Flamme de la Liberte

#13748 July 24, 2024, 09:36:18 PM Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 09:38:10 PM by The Wretch
PESTILENCE - Consuming Impulse
PESTILENCE - Testimony Of The Ancients
DEICIDE - Legion
VAN HALEN - II
VAN HALEN - Diver Down

I also had a blast of MORBID ANGEL - 'Thy Kingdom Come' demo earlier. Sweet divine fuck, it still sounds so savage.

Pantera: Cowboys From Hell is 34 today so might as well stick that on, it's been a while.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 24, 2024, 11:18:34 AM
Quote from: Paul keohane on July 24, 2024, 10:25:35 AMGorefest-The Eindhoven Insanity.

The name alone brings me back to The Metal Show.
first time I heard it too!

Serpents Oath - Ascension

Quote from: Carnage on July 24, 2024, 04:51:54 PM
Quote from: Count Magnus on July 24, 2024, 02:36:15 PMI only got into Hate Forest when Hour of the Centaur was released. It's a fucking beast of an album.

I was familiar with the name but had never checked them out before, just listened to a bit of that album. Jaysus it's mighty, reminds me of Gaahl era Gorgoroth. I wasn't sure about the vocals at first but they'd grown on me by the end of the first song. I might pick that one up myself.

Yeah, it's a stormer. One of the best black metal releases of the last few years. The vocals threw me off initially as well, but it suits the music.

I only have Sorrow by Hate Forest and it never caught my imagination. Might be worth a revisit.

Quote from: Count Magnus on July 24, 2024, 02:36:15 PM
Quote from: Anvil on July 24, 2024, 12:08:11 PM

I still prefer the physical versions as well, but I always listen to releases online before purchasing them. I have Celestial Wanderer/Sowing With Salt and Justice in my Amazon basket.

I only got into Hate Forest when Hour of the Centaur was released. It's a fucking beast of an album.

NP Deicide - The Stench of Redemption

I have yet to pick up Hour of the Centaur. Must sort that out.  Also missing Sorrow and their earliest stuff.

Hexecutor - Beyond Any Human Conception of Knowledge
Cruel Force - Under The Sign of the Moon (absolutely killer stuff). 
Bolt Thrower - Warmaster
MegatonSword - Niralet