#13365 June 24, 2024, 09:32:22 PM Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 09:51:34 PM by leatherface
Slammer: The Work of Idle Hands (1989 cassette)

Reminiscent of Metallica 'And Justice..'  in terms of complex writing, still, original and overlooked.

Future Islands- People Who Aren't There Anymore. Phenomenal stuff.

Gorgoroth - Antichrist

Great album, but not as good as Pentagram.

Quote from: leatherface on June 24, 2024, 09:32:22 PMSlammer: The Work of Idle Hands (1989 cassette)

Reminiscent of Metallica 'And Justice..'  in terms of complex writing, still, original and overlooked.

Hmm, I have a history with that album , on cassette, I need to do it justice and get it back ,not one I ever see floating about though.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

That new Rezn is great.

Portrait - The Host (one listen so far while working and not really paying full intention)
Rory Gallagher - Deuce
Skyclad - Prince of the Poverty Line
Dautha - Den Forste
My Dying Bride - A Mortal Binding

#13371 June 25, 2024, 09:26:29 AM Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 09:36:36 AM by Count Magnus
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death

This is the best Maiden album since Seventh Son.

I was a bit underwhelmed by Brave New World and Dance of Death so didn't bother with this when it was released. It could do with a bit of trimming, like all post-2000 Maiden albums, but it's far more consistent than BNW and DOD. The production is perfect as well - they got rid of the gloss which was making them sound a bit lifeless.

I liked it a lot when it came out but i haven't listened to it in a long time. I should revisit it.

Pagan Altar- Lords of Hypocrisy.

HAWKWIND - Hall Of The Mountain Grill (1974)
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Death Penalty (1982)
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Friends Of Hell (1983)
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Live '83 (2006)
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Buried Amongst The Ruins (2007)

Necrovore - Divus de Mortuus

High On Fire - Death is This Communion.

Think this is my favourite overall of their's, the title track in particular. And those drum fills during the intro to Ethereal  :abbath:

The Gathering - Always
Darkthrone - It Beckons Us All
Anciients - Heart of Oak
Kontact - Full Contact
Cloven Hoof - A Sultan's Ransom
Mountain - Live Bootleg Volume 8

Enslaved - Mardraum 7.5/10
Still a lot of that icy rage from Blodhemn present here but the band were moving away from their roots, setting sail for uncharted waters and leaving more than a few perplexed looks ashore.

Abysmal - Denoument 7/10
The Brit's serpentine, shapeshifting debut, albeit a collection of demo tracks, is a highly impressive listen, and a good antidote to Summer.

Saxon - Solid Ball Of Rock 6/10
The band were still retaining a bit of that L.A.sound and writing some tracks tailor made for American radio at the time but the introduction of Nibbs on bass here is already producing a return to the band's NWOBHM roots.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

I've been hooked on and am well entertained by these 4 following albums now for weeks. Bought KK already. Gonna have to get the other 3.

KERRY FUCKING KING- FROM HELL HE WILL RISE
DEICIDE- Banished By Sin
VLTIMAS- EPIC
ULCERATE- Cutting The Throat Of God

+
Spectral Voice- Sparagmos (this one is taking longer than their deadly 1st album to get into likewise but I've a feeling its worth persevering with)
WORMED- OMEGON 2 singles from (This is one of the best brutal sci-fi tech prog whatever death metal bands these days easily. Very engaging shit indeed)
Graphic Nature- Who Are You When No One Is Watching? 4 singles from (This is a new young band from the UK who are doing heavy as fuck angry brutal nu-metal & that fuckin works for me & I could not give a fuck)

CATHEDRAL - Soul Sacrifice/Statik Majik (1999)
CATHEDRAL - Carnival Bizarre (1995)
CATHEDRAL - Supernatural Birth Machine (1996)
CATHEDRAL - The Last Spire (2013)