Quote from: Mooncat on May 15, 2024, 11:59:21 PMSome might consider this sacrilege, but I've always loved their re-recording of the first album the best, Still Cyco After All These Years. How Will I Laugh and Join the Army are amazing too.

Their absolute peak.

I'm with you Mooncat, absolutely love Still Cyco. Vinly going on in the morning while working from home  8)

Had Still Cyco on tape... Played it to death.
My young fella is mad for ST so went rooting for it recently. But no luck. No idea where it's disappeared to.   :-\

POISON IDEA - Pig's Last Stand (1996)

#12873 May 16, 2024, 12:58:52 AM Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 01:01:26 AM by Carnage
I never took to the debut or Still Cyco but Join The Army, How Will I Laugh...?, CBH/Feel Like Shit... and Lights, Camera, Revolution are all top notch. Join The Army's my favourite which is probably why I don't like Still Cyco, the rerecorded versions just sound wrong.

#12874 May 16, 2024, 01:07:35 AM Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 01:11:35 AM by The Wretch
Still Cyco is one of a couple of re-recordings of 80's classic I like, along with Sodom 'The Final Sign Of Evil'

I didn't like when the funk element from Infectious Grooves started creeping in to their sound, but overall, I love their 80's and early 90's work.

I like the Cyko Miko debut too. A collection of good, straight forward tunes, which at it's best is almost like a Californian hardcore version of The Dictators. Plus it has Steve Jones on most of the tracks, which is always a bonus for me.

I know there are only two JTA tracks there but that was enough to throw me off. I'm not all that familiar with the debut (heard it once about 30-35 years ago and didn't care for it) so Still Cyco might be worth giving another lash. Haven't heard it since it came out, that must be the guts of 30 years by now.

The Sodom one is decent alright, sounds nice and loose, not overly polished as such things usually are. Exodus: Let There Be Blood is the obvious prime example of a rerecording working, the vocals alone make it the preferable version.

We'll have to agree to disagree there I'm afraid! Bonded By Blood is the very definition of thrash for me. 

Musically, top stuff but his vocals are a killer. Can't listen to it at all. Exodus have never had a decent singer but Dukes was the least bad of the bunch, so it's that version for me all day.

Quote from: jobrok1 on May 16, 2024, 12:52:46 AMHad Still Cyco on tape... Played it to death.
My young fella is mad for ST so went rooting for it recently. But no luck. No idea where it's disappeared to.   :-\

I had Still Cyco and How Will I Laugh on tape. Now I have one tape and one cover and neither match!

#12879 May 16, 2024, 07:45:11 AM Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 08:07:42 AM by Mr Barlow
Spectral Voice - Sparsgmos
Savage album
Sulphur Aeon - Swallowed By The Ocean's Tide
Bauhaus - In The Flat Field
        - mask
Siousxie & The Banshes - JuJu
On a bit of a goth binge.

Great seeing the S.T. love. My fav band back in the day. Lads, the debut is fucking classic though. Everything up to and including Lights... is the business to me. Art Of Rebellion has some decent stuff, hate the production though.
My young loves them. Has a bandana and all  :) . She loves S.T. , Death and Maiden !

Art of Rebellion is cool.

I love Art of Rebellion, Still Cyco is unlistenable muck, however. The play the notes but get the songs so, so badly wrong.

Guess I need to play some Suicidal Tendencies today.  It has been a while. 

The Wizards - The Exit Garden (great traditional heavy metal album.  Vocals are ace, great guitars, plenty to headbang to. Love it). 
Kontact - Full Contact
Master - Slaves to Society
MegatonSword - Blood Hails Steel
Conquest of Steel - Conquest of Steel
Skyclad - Prince of the Poverty Line

Morpheus Descends - Ritual of Infinity
Timeghoul - 1992-1994 Discography

Was a massive ST fan back in the day, Feel like shit, how will I laugh,  join the army and lights, camera are all great albums.
After that there was some good stuff punctuated with a lot of filler