Bit of an old school set there. Slow set conning up next...

Toxik - Think This
Black Sabbath - Mob Rules & Seventh Star
Skid Row - Slave To The Grind

Septage - Septic Worship
Apparition - Disgraced Emanations from a Tranquil State
Coffins - Sinister Oath
Fugazi - In on the Killtaker

ARMORED SAINT - Punching The Sky (2020)

Iron Maiden - SSoaSS. Haven't listened to this in years, and ten minutes in I'm reminded that (along with Powerslave) it's not just their peak, but one of the genre's too.

Necrophagist - Onset of Putrefaction, Epitaph. File under "days ending in 'y'". Probably two of my most listened to albums in the last few years.

KEN Mode - Nerve. Great continuation of the "Success" vibe.

Obliveon - Nemesis. One of the best records of the 90s.

Sermon of Light - I Have Seen the Light,and It was Repulsive. Okay, which one of you slags is responsible for this? (Metal Archives says they're from Ireland). Lethal stuff.

Was playing 666 International earlier and while I still reckon it's easily Dodheimsgard's best, the jarring nature of the mostly crap mix for the more BM style parts is still jarring even after all these years.

Love it all the same though

Speaking of KEN Mode, someone told me the other day that I was the image of some lad out of them. I dunno which lad but apparently it's whichever one looks most like Vincent Price.

Might get a bit of those lads on next now that the planets have aligned in such a way that they've been mentioned to me twice in a few days.

Well I think it was them at least

Skeletal Remains: Fragments Of The Ageless

Morbid Angel worship but fantastic nonetheless.

Quote from: astfgyl on March 31, 2024, 11:27:18 PMWas playing 666 International earlier and while I still reckon it's easily Dodheimsgard's best, the jarring nature of the mostly crap mix for the more BM style parts is still jarring even after all these years.

Speaking of KEN Mode, someone told me the other day that I was the image of some lad out of them. I dunno which lad but apparently it's whichever one looks most like Vincent Price.

Might get a bit of those lads on next now that the planets have aligned in such a way that they've been mentioned to me twice in a few days.

Quote from: astfgyl on March 31, 2024, 11:27:18 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on March 31, 2024, 11:27:18 PMWas playing 666 International earlier and while I still reckon it's easily Dodheimsgard's best, the jarring nature of the mostly crap mix for the more BM style parts is still jarring even after all these years.

Was playing 666 International earlier and while I still reckon it's easily Dodheimsgard's best, the jarring nature of the mostly crap mix for the more BM style parts is still jarring even after all these years.

Have you listened to much of KEN Mode before? They're whopper. "Entrench" is my personal favourite (with 'Why Don't You Just Quit?' up there as one of my all time favourite songs), but you really can't go wrong with anything in their discography.

"Success" and "Blessed" have an almost alt-rock vibe to them, but are still abrasive as fuck.

Edit - am a bit pissed, formatting is shite as a result :laugh:

#12218 April 01, 2024, 02:44:26 AM Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 02:50:17 AM by Carnage
Type O Negative: October Rust
Tool: Undertow

Been fascinated by Serum Dreg - Lustful Vengeance today. The eccentricity of it really gets me.

Quote from: Ducky on April 01, 2024, 12:12:17 AM

Quote from: astfgyl on March 31, 2024, 11:27:18 PM

Have you listened to much of KEN Mode before? They're whopper. "Entrench" is my personal favourite (with 'Why Don't You Just Quit?' up there as one of my all time favourite songs), but you really can't go wrong with anything in their discography.

"Success" and "Blessed" have an almost alt-rock vibe to them, but are still abrasive as fuck.

Edit - am a bit pissed, formatting is shite as a result :laugh:

The only one I know is Entrench and it's great. Had it on at about 5 o clock this morning. I must try me the other few you've mentioned because they just passed me by for no particular reason

Quote from: Carnage on April 01, 2024, 02:44:26 AMType O Negative: October Rust

There is never a bad time for October Rust. Has to be in my permanent list of The Best Albums Ever

SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - Suicidal Tendencies (1983)

Quote from: astfgyl on April 01, 2024, 01:42:58 PM
Quote from: Carnage on April 01, 2024, 02:44:26 AMType O Negative: October Rust

There is never a bad time for October Rust. Has to be in my permanent list of The Best Albums Ever

Indeed, mighty stuff. Their best for me anyway.

It's good, but I'll take the more Carnivore style aggression of the debut, or the doomy vibes of the last three albums over that, and Bloody Kisses too for that matter. Saw them in the SFX on the October Rust tour though, and they were immense.

Peter Steele and Johnny Kelly were sound too.