#12180 March 28, 2024, 12:39:52 PM Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 12:14:34 AM by The Wretch
Quote from: Thorn on March 27, 2024, 06:37:18 AMMan that signature of yours will have us all walking around with Manowar in our heads ad nauseum, it's been spinning around my head for days now!

:laugh:

My job here is done...

NP - Sick Of It All - Blood, Sweat And No Tears (1989)

Vorga - Radiant Gloom (EP) & Striving Toward Oblivion

Some damn good sci-fi themed melodic black metal from Germany. Looking forward to their new album tomorrow now.

Black Sabbath - Born Again Deluxe cd
Kreator - Outcast cd reissue, bought this in sound cellar whenever they reopened during covid only getting around to opening and spinning it now

S.O.D. - Speak English or Die
Pungent Stench - Been Caught Buttering
Aborted - Goremageddon
Cryptopsy - Blasphemy made flesh

Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness
It's been a while since I gave it a spin. A perfect album.

LEEWAY - Born To Expire (1989)

Although the vocals are much more melodic (for the most part) and the band had a more developed lead style, there a lot of riffs on here that are reminiscent of what Prong were doing on 'Beg to Differ' IMO.

The album edges close to all time classic crossover territory for me, were it not for the inclusion of some daft and pointless rap/funk elements, which are a blemish on an otherwise excellent record, and unfortunately that shit popped up on the following albums too, along with some alt rock influence.

I fucking hated funk in thrash and hardcore. It always sounded daft as fuck to me. And reggae/ska too, although I don't like that style when done "properly" anyway.     

#12186 March 28, 2024, 06:14:37 PM Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 02:04:41 AM by Eoin McLove
Overkill- The Years of Decay.
Kreator- Pleasure to Kill.
Boltzmann Brain- Death Songs.
Repulsion- Horrified.
Root- The Temple in the Underworld.
Zemial- In Monumentum.

Quote from: The Wretch on March 28, 2024, 06:09:55 PMI fucking hated funk in thrash and hardcore. It always sounded daft as fuck to me. And reggae/ska too, although I don't like that style when done "properly" anyway.     

This, but I'll grant Mordred an exception. Never got too into their recorded work (it's fine, but I just don't care about it) but saw them live back in the day and they were fantastic. They'd left the thrash behind by then, but still played the odd old song and the (then) current stuff was great live.

Quote from: The Wretch on March 28, 2024, 06:16:13 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 28, 2024, 06:14:37 PMOverkill- The Years of Decay.

Absolute stormer.

Despite the corny lyrics and one instance of funky slap bass I'm enjoying it. Playing With Spiders/ Skullkrusher on now and it's doom! The singer sounds like the dude from Omen. Maybe I should have threw this on the odd time over the years.

Asunder - A Clarion Call. Have to give this whopper an outing every couple of months. Classic
Verwoed - new album from this lad steaming on NCS. Sounds great on first listen, odd and a bit wonky BM with very crisp production. Probably too clean for the necro cvlt

Skullkrusher is a monster of a track, pity they never did anything else in that vein, at least not that I can think of.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

They had some slower and doomier tracks, like Spiritual Void and Horrorscope, but nothing that quite matched Skullkrusher.

Speaking of doomy, I love their version of Sabbath's 'Changes'. They did decent versions of 'Never Say Die' and 'Cornucopia'too. 

Yep, good covers, all collected in the Coverkill album which is well worth a spin
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

CARNIVORE - Retaliation (1987)