Tonight's listening

Killing Joke: Full Spectrum Dominance

The title track, an amazing discography. A recent discovery, do they have a bad album?.

I thought Fire Dances was pretty awful TBH.

Missed that one, possibly for good reason.

RAZOR - Violent Restitution (1988)

Fucking savage in every sense.

Dave Carlo is one of the great riff guys IMO. Even 'Decibels' for all of it's faults, has some killer riffs. Everything else is bloody steak with fried onions excellence, including 'Cycle Of Contempt' (2022) 

Quote from: Thorn on March 24, 2024, 07:42:11 PMSaxon - Hell, Fire and Damnation 8/10
Really enjoying this year's instalment of Saxon complete with extra Tatler oomph

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about a Saxon with no Quinn or Oliver, but this might actually be my favourite thing they have done in the last 15 years or more.

They are doing better than Priest with no KK and Glenn as far as I'm concerned.

Also, this is the best thing Tatler has been involved with in years, so bonus there. 

NEWSTED - Heavy Metal Music (2013)

I really loved this and the EP. I was hoping for maybe more thrash/speed metal tunes or whatever, but I really loved the songwriting overall, and the general sound was great.

I hope he records another album. I liked most of the new songs he/they debuted in that Fort Lauderdale gig in May last year, they seemed to be pretty diverse sounding, albeit more hard rock in tone generally than their previous material.

But if he does have another run and is playing live again, he should definitely stick in Blackened, My Friend Of Misery, and maybe a Flotsam And Jetsam or even Voivod tune here and there just to mix it up. 

Quote from: The Wretch on March 24, 2024, 11:23:49 PM
Quote from: Thorn on March 24, 2024, 07:42:11 PMSaxon - Hell, Fire and Damnation 8/10
Really enjoying this year's instalment of Saxon complete with extra Tatler oomph

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about a Saxon with no Quinn or Oliver, but this might actually be my favourite thing they have done in the last 15 years or more.

Also, this is the best thing Tatler has been involved with in years, so bonus there. 
Quote from: The Wretch on March 24, 2024, 11:23:49 PM

Yeah, I think I slightly prefer it to the Priest album but hey, what a great start to the year for the good ol' tried and trusted that we got both.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: The Wretch on March 24, 2024, 11:13:08 PMRAZOR - Violent Restitution (1988)

Fucking savage in every sense.

Dave Carlo is one of the great riff guys IMO. Even 'Decibels' for all of it's faults, has some killer riffs. Everything else is bloody steak with fried onions excellence, including 'Cycle Of Contempt' (2022) 

Great album. Shotgun Justice is a belter as well.

Watain - Casus Luciferi
Judas Priest - Invincible Shield
Overkill - Taking Over

Quote from: leatherface on March 24, 2024, 10:35:38 PMKilling Joke: Full Spectrum Dominance

The title track, an amazing discography. A recent discovery, do they have a bad album?.

Democracy is a poor album by their standards.

I enjoy Fire Dances. It's more poppy than most of their other releases, but there are some great tracks on that album. Then again, I think Hosannas from the Basements of Hell is one of their best albums. I'm definitely in the minority there!

Mefisto - The Truth

Quote from: KingHostile on March 23, 2024, 02:21:47 PMWitchery...... good band..... Kerry king does a guest appearance on one of their albums......

I only have a few of their later releases but really enjoy them. Must have a browse through the rest of the back catalogue at some stage. 

Bruce Dickinson - Mandrake Project
Necrophobic - In the Twilight Grey
Ritvs - Der Tag Naht (really like this, another strong release from Dying Victims.   All in German so I don't understand a word of it but very catchy hard rock with plenty of organ and synth thrown in).
Blaze Bayley - Circle of Stone (kinda lost touch with what Blaze was doing but plenty of killer tracks on this).
Drowned - Procul His (another forum purchase, not heard of these guys before). 

Stained Class and Sin after Sin for me this week.

Primus - Frizzle Fry
Deicide - Once Upon The Cross
Killing Joke - MMXII