Dungeon Shaker - Demo I  ::)
Unwound – Leaves Turn Inside You (Turned it off after 20 mins. I generally like this 'stuff', but not in the mood atm)
Darkthrone – Ravishing Grimness
Darkthrone – Plaguewielder
Darkthrone – Hate Them

Hard to pick a favourite of the 3 DTs
Maybe Plaguewielder atm
Could change tomorrow

Metallica - Master Of Puppets 10/10
Top 'tallica for me closely followed by Lightning, KEA and Justice

Blind Guardian - The God Machine 9/10
Shorn of all bells and whistles, I reckon this stands shoulder to shoulder with any of the early ones

Skeletal Remains - Fragments Of The Ageless 8/10
Best one yet from these boys trumping the likes of Morbid Angel and Hate Eternal at their own game.

Krisiun - Mortem Solis 7.5/10
Never released a bad album and this latest was no exception.

Candlesmass - House Of Doom ep 7.5/10
Soundtrack to the Candlemass mobile phone game. Apparantly.

Xentrix - Seven Words. 7.5/10
2nd album of the comeback, competent Brit thrash, never liked the artwork on this.

Smith/Kotzen s/t 7/10
Adrian Smith and Richie Kotzen let loose with some bluesy hard rock, good listen

Grave Digger - Symbol Of Eternity 7/10
Most recent GD is pretty much the same as the 10th most recent.

Ereb Altor - Gastrike 8/10
                      The End 7/10
Grabbed these dirt cheap over at Hammerheart, who doesn't need more mid period Bathory worship in their lives?
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Half the forum is at Judas Priest and here I am listening to that Ween album again with a rake of Helles

Failure - "Fantastic Planet"
Chapo - "Five Suns"
King Crimson - "Discipline"

I never heard discipline in full before.  Ah Jesus christ I didn't expect it to be this good. I thought Red was my favourite KC yet but this is lethal.

#12019 March 16, 2024, 12:15:01 AM Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 01:29:01 AM by Eoin McLove
Geddes Axe- Aftermath.
Saint Vitus- Heavier Than Thou.
Motörhead- Orgasmatron.
Darkthrone- A Blaze in the Northern Sky.

Quote from: ochoill on March 16, 2024, 12:09:34 AMFailure - "Fantastic Planet"
Chapo - "Five Suns"
King Crimson - "Discipline"

I never heard discipline in full before.  Ah Jesus christ I didn't expect it to be this good. I thought Red was my favourite KC yet but this is lethal.
Discipline is great, my favourite is Larks though, Starless and Bible Black doesn't get enough love

Striknien DC - Ghettoblast

A bunch of pro abortion cultural enriching immigration loonies but what a fucking album. I got this in 1998 and it's still my favourite punk record. Outrageous drumming throughout.

I think I was at the album launch for that. Great band/album.

NP: Voivod: Phobos

They were a fucking force of nature love back then. I saw them a few times between 96 and 00 or 01 when they finished up. What a band.

The singer, 'Deko' was well known around Kilkenny. He was pals with sweeney from Easpa Measa. I wouldn't go for a pint with him but Jesus Christ that album is incredible.

I think he's alright. A hardcore lefty but old school.

Dunno, I thought he was a bit shouty. Plus me being a Nazi and all..

The other records were only alright. Ghettoblast was as close to punk perfection as it comes.

No man, the split album with Monkhouse is unreal. Songs from the Gash Factory is rough as a bear's hole in places but I think it's a demo collection. Horses For Courses is a little patchy by comparison but still deadly. The one that came out a few years ago, the ill fated debut, is pretty cool too but a bit rough and ready.

I have that split, and another 7 inch they did with Spithead. Yeah grand but I didn't think it was anything special. I think I got into metal because of Ghettoblast and a video my cousin made of super rock videos of amorphis and at the gates.

Who was the other crowd, steam pig? One of them had this top of a lad cycling a bike with the wheels made of shit 'nationalism...you won't get far riding that shit'.

Even though I was in the Hitler youth at the time I thought it was a great shirt.

Dogshit Sandwich. GGYFC

It's all coming back to me :)