What I will say about it is that Kyle Thomas' vocals are starting to sound remarkably like Chris Cornell at times. He's a lot better singer than I ever realised before.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

#11971 March 11, 2024, 09:28:27 PM Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 09:30:48 PM by Carnage
He's fairly decent on that Trouble album.

Yeah, I never heard that ,must give it a go, always just thought, Kyle Thomas? Trouble? C'mon..
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

It works. His voice is a bit rougher than Wagner's and I think they downtuned a bit to suit it, but I can hear the Cornell comaprison even from then (2011).

Emperor - Nightside, Anthems and Equilibrium.

#11975 March 12, 2024, 09:06:28 AM Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 09:24:39 AM by ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk
Algol - Entering The Woods Of Enchantment (Emperor played their first gig with these & Enslaved)

#11976 March 12, 2024, 09:26:00 AM Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 09:41:37 AM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk on March 12, 2024, 09:06:28 AMAlgol - Entering The Woods Of Enchantment (1996 Norway)

Never liked this but you've reminded me of the demos which I remember liking back in the day, "The Priests Are Laughing" in particular. Old Norwegian death metal is severely underrated, albeit a smaller pool than the concurrent Swedish/Finnish scene. Much weirder and darker.

anyway, this morning so far:
Faith no More "Introduce yourself"
Archmage "And Skulls" demo  - whopper crust influenced death metal RIYL: Skaven, Bolt Thrower, Sanctum, etc. All the riffs, raw as fuck sounding, the antithesis of a lot of current death metal. Love it.

Marthe - Further in Evil

One woman Italian Black/Death. Really impressive in parts if lacking staying power a bit. Her blurb about being a punk and not liking hanging around Metallers because loads of them tend to be nazis turned me off initially, but this wan can write a riff. The opening choon consumed me on first listen, absolute whopper. She seems like a bit of a jackass but have a listen -

https://youtu.be/6WhOJBKBJmQ?si=UbAbrPQMy8zafYAt

#11978 March 12, 2024, 09:51:28 AM Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 10:19:24 AM by ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk

Quote from: ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk on March 12, 2024, 09:51:28 AM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on March 12, 2024, 09:26:00 AM
Quote from: ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk on March 12, 2024, 09:06:28 AMAlgol - Entering The Woods Of Enchantment (1996 Norway)

Never liked this but you've reminded me of the demos which I remember liking back in the day, "The Priests Are Laughing" in particular. Old Norwegian death metal is severely underrated, albeit a smaller pool than the concurrent Swedish/Finnish scene. Much weirder and darker.

why dont you like it? ive really got into it on first listen. must check out that demo you mention with hopefully some black weirdness thrown in.

Flipper - Album Generic Flipper
Machine Head - Through the Ashes of Empires
Gorguts - Coloured Sands
Maudlin of the Well - Leaving Your Body Map
Bathory - Blood Fire Death
Code - Neurotransmissions
Tad - 8 way Santa

Quote from: ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk on March 12, 2024, 09:53:44 AM

why dont you like it? ive really got into it on first listen. must check out that demo you mention with hopefully some black weirdness thrown in.

Sorry, since when do I or anyone else have to justify why I do or don't like something?

Quote from: Pentagrimes on March 12, 2024, 10:55:19 AM
Quote from: ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk on March 12, 2024, 09:53:44 AM

Sorry, since when do I or anyone else have to justify why I do or don't like something?
just wondering- like the production etc. not your actual taste haha

They Came From Visions - The Twilight Robes (early impressions of this, it is really good).
Bruce Dickinson - The Mandrake Project
Silver Talon - Decadence and Decay
Borknagar - Fall (can't get into this at all). 
Testament - The New Order

Re the Algol album: just found it boring. Lacks something from  the demos for me.