Listened through almost all of Invincible Shield this morning, didn't get to the bonus tracks but it sounded great on first impression.

Quote from: Thorn on March 07, 2024, 08:12:14 PM
Quote from: Vlad III link=msg=93333 date=1709826282
Sammath - Grebbeberg

Sammath are ferocious. The Dutch don't fuck about when it comes to black metal.
/quote]

They really are, utter decimation in audio form. And I only have the last two. Serious racket for a three piece.

Sammath are absolutely savage yet they somehow manage to retain melody even in the most relentless songs.
I wasn't a huge fan of Across the Rhine is Only Death, but Grebbeberg is almost as good as Godless Arrogance. Godless Arrogance is one of the most exhilarating black metal albums of the last decade.

Maybe one for the random thoughts thread - there have other excellent Dutch black metal albums from the last decade that don't get enough attention. Winterwaker by Tarnkappe, Stormkult by Kaeck and Visions of Exalted Lucifer by Cirith Gorgor are all Dutch gold.

Clarify for me now lads, how are we pronouncing "Kaeck" exactly? Is it a sort of unholy black forest gateau or..

According to Encyclopaedia Metallum, "Kaeck" is the old Dutch spelling of the word "kaak" which means "jaw".

I pronounce it as cack so when the wife asks "What is that cack you're listening to?",  I reply, "You're right. It's pure Kaeck".

Both Nine Inch Nails' The Downward Spiral and Nailbomb's Point Blank came out 30 years ago today, so I've been playing them and feeling old all day.

Played the fuck out of the Nailbomb album in the 90s.

Same as. If it's 30 years old now, wonder how long it's been since I threw it on? Must line it up for tomorrow.

Had Nailbomb on a few months back for the first time in years, it's aged really badly

I had it on a few weeks ago. A few cool songs but it's way too long.

I played the shit out if the cassette when it came out. It hasn't seen the light of day in years.
" Peace brother fuck you bastard" Classic line.

The industrial elements are pretty dated alright but there are a few serious tracks on it. Wasting Away and Blind And Lost are excellent.

Quote from: Vlad III on March 07, 2024, 03:44:42 PMSammath are ferocious. The Dutch don't fuck about when it comes to black metal.

They absolutely do not. Ever since the times of Countess and Bestial Summoning. The Dutch have always been on the ball

Alice In Chains: Dirt

Top 5 album, probably.

I had Facelift on yesterday.

Burzum- Det Som Engang Var.
Motörhead- Iron Fist.

Destroyer 666 - Never Surrender
Saxon - Hell, Fire and Damnation.
Power Castle - Power Castle
Sonata Arctica - Clear Cold Beyond
Metallica - Ride the Lightning