Quote from: Ducky on December 02, 2023, 05:26:33 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on December 01, 2023, 10:06:52 PM
Quote from: Ducky on December 01, 2023, 09:40:04 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on November 30, 2023, 09:51:16 PM
Quote from: Ducky on November 30, 2023, 12:59:49 AMBeen doing the "Spotify Wrapped" thing this evening, so in third place, Enya - "Watermark", Depeche Mode - "Black Celebration", and Revocation - "Netherheaven".

Black Celebration is just fantastic all the way through

Yep, peak Depeche Mode to my lugs.

The run from Black Celebration to Songs of Faith and Devotion is a whopper.

I'd go one farther back and throw Some Great Reward in there too but they fell off a bit after Songs of Faith and Devotion for sure. A couple of very good ones after that, Playing the Angel and Memento Mori are great but the rest is OK to terrible. Have you tried Some Great Reward at all? It's right up there

Yeah that's fair, Some Great Reward is a whopper too.

I haven't actually given Momento Mori a fair shake yet, might remedy that later.

I went into Memento Mori with zero expectations given what had come before it from them. I was more than pleasantly surprised when it was actually good. Honestly didn't think they had it in them at this stage of the career.

Will be throwing it on myself this evening now after thinking about it

#10996 December 02, 2023, 08:56:28 PM Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 11:36:54 PM by Eoin McLove
Scald- Will of the Gods is Great Power.
What an album. It's just one epic song after another, Jesus. A Tumulus must be near the top, though. Ridiculous, hair raising power.

Candlemass- Death Magic Doom. 
I got this when it came out and listened to it once or twice but it didn't grip me. Sounds like it's off to a good start today so maybe its time has come.
Edit. Yep, this rules.

Decomposed- The Funeral Obsession.

Evilfeast- Wintermoon Enchantment.

Quote from: astfgyl on December 02, 2023, 07:06:17 PM
Quote from: Ducky on December 02, 2023, 05:26:33 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on December 01, 2023, 10:06:52 PM
Quote from: Ducky on December 01, 2023, 09:40:04 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on November 30, 2023, 09:51:16 PM
Quote from: Ducky on November 30, 2023, 12:59:49 AMBeen doing the "Spotify Wrapped" thing this evening, so in third place, Enya - "Watermark", Depeche Mode - "Black Celebration", and Revocation - "Netherheaven".

Black Celebration is just fantastic all the way through

Yep, peak Depeche Mode to my lugs.

The run from Black Celebration to Songs of Faith and Devotion is a whopper.

I'd go one farther back and throw Some Great Reward in there too but they fell off a bit after Songs of Faith and Devotion for sure. A couple of very good ones after that, Playing the Angel and Memento Mori are great but the rest is OK to terrible. Have you tried Some Great Reward at all? It's right up there

Yeah that's fair, Some Great Reward is a whopper too.

I haven't actually given Momento Mori a fair shake yet, might remedy that later.

I went into Memento Mori with zero expectations given what had come before it from them. I was more than pleasantly surprised when it was actually good. Honestly didn't think they had it in them at this stage of the career.

Will be throwing it on myself this evening now after thinking about it

I got sidetracked but have it saved on Spotify (how impersonal, but sure look(, so will give it a cursory go at least while in in Lidl tomorrow.

Got sidetracked by...

Divine Chaos - The Way to Oblivion. Decent modern-sounding unga-bunga death/thrash to sup a few beers to. Reminiscent of "Existence is Futile"-era Revocation.

Cruciamentum - Obsidian Refractions. Whopper, love it. You know that Douglas Adams book, "The Meaning of Lif"? The one that reappropriates place names as common feelings/occurrences that we all know but don't have a handy word for? I wonder is there a term in there for when a band releases an album that has a song that is named for the previous album? Hmm.

Heart - The Road Home. Ann Wilson has an unreal set of pipes.

Carcass - Torn Arteries
Annihilator - Alice in Hell / For the demented
Vomitron - NESessary evil / No NES for the wicked
Estradasphere - all of it

Dropped into a Nintendo metal hole there and had a ball

Deceased -the best metal band no one seems to give a shit about .

Perfect blend of death ,thrash and heavy metal with king diamond-esque narrative lyrics .

Deceased are deadly alright.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Scald - Agyl's Saga 2 x CD version

Few digifiles,

The Doomsday Cult - A Language of Misery
The devil's blood - The time of no time evermore

#11003 December 03, 2023, 07:51:14 PM Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 07:42:24 AM by Eoin McLove
Mael Mórdha- Cluain Tarbh.
Gjendød- Hevn!
Necromantia- Demo 93.

Quote from: Shitstirrer on December 03, 2023, 03:00:34 AMDeceased -the best metal band no one seems to give a shit about .

Perfect blend of death ,thrash and heavy metal with king diamond-esque narrative lyrics .

Only ever had an auld CD of Blueprints for Madness, was decent.

Therapy? - Nurse, Pleasure Death.

Gorguts - Pleiades' Dust.

Necrophobic - Bloodhymns,unreal album.

Immolation acts of god
Suffocation hymns from the apocrypha
Morbid angel juvenilia
Incantation unholy deification
Dying fetus make them beg for death

Primordial - To The Nameless Dead

Gallows Hymn is some fucking tune, has to be said.

Esoctrilihum - Dy'th Requiem for the Serpent Telepath

Was talking to the missus earlier and something she said reminded me of something so I ended up throwing on Sevendust first album just for the one song I was thinking of.

I shouldn't have been surprised or anything but fuck was it bad, and this is coming from a cunt who regularly pulls out a few nu metal favourites and likes it.