I still have only love for it, beginning to end. Personally don't find it repetitive at all, rather one of the best examples of cohesive eclecticism I know of.

I really like the new BI, I admire them for always trying new things. The ambient parts are very good with the added guitars and drums. I think the two tracks work well together.

Lads this Fabricant lp is absolutely batshit. Not surprising given the Mefitis link,but full on ants in the brain mental.

Funeralis - Gateways to Esoteric Light

Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 15, 2023, 03:48:32 PMLads this Fabricant lp is absolutely batshit. Not surprising given the Mefitis link,but full on ants in the brain mental.
The few tracks released were deadly alright, like Mefitis on steroids. Looking forward to giving the album a rattle

Cynic - Focus, released 30 years ago yesterday

#10371 September 15, 2023, 06:39:31 PM Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 06:51:54 PM by Cailleach
Frummyrkrið -         Dauðans Myrkri
Frozen Graves -       Frozen Graves
Frozen Shadows -   Sans les bras des immortels

#10372 September 15, 2023, 07:06:50 PM Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 10:25:22 PM by open face surgery
Have that Frozen Graves LP. I like it. Strange sort of mix of BM. EDIT: My mistake. I have the one from last year.

The BI tracks are growing on me more and more. It's like uplifting death metal. Works very well.

Got nearly halfway through the Fabricant album. Crazy stuff. Dunno if there's too much funk in it but time will tell.

Quote from: open face surgery on September 15, 2023, 07:06:50 PMThe BI tracks are growing on me more and more. It's like uplifting death metal. Works very well.

Yep, must say now they are for me too. I had them on going in and out of work today, the second half of the first tune, with the big solo, is great. It's very tasteful if that makes sense.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 15, 2023, 10:26:37 AMHalf way through the Tomb Mold album now. You can definitely tell someone likes early Cynic a whole lot anyway. No surprise to see the likes of these and BI trying to spread their wings musically given how many shitty bands have popped up trying to copy them
Was thinking the same thing. Huge bang of Cynic off it - which I wasn't expecting

Been through the Tomb Mold three times today and I still find it remarkable how such a creative band can be content with those godawful dry, monotonous, non-descript vocals.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Picked up an LP of Unyielding Love's "Flesh of the Furnace" there on the Full of Hell tour.

Suitably yucky this evening while it pisses rain. Very underrated release.

Finally have the Tomb Mold on now, sounds great so far to me.

Quote from: CorkonianHunger on September 15, 2023, 07:11:19 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on September 15, 2023, 07:06:50 PMThe BI tracks are growing on me more and more. It's like uplifting death metal. Works very well.

Yep, must say now they are for me too. I had them on going in and out of work today, the second half of the first tune, with the big solo, is great. It's very tasteful if that makes sense.

Ya, that's the definite highlight. Tasteful in the sense of a more trad metal or rock solo.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 15, 2023, 01:57:59 PMBlood Oath -lost in an eternal silence. Definitely worth a listen if you like "North From Here".

Not particularly familiar with North From Here but this Blood Oath album is hitting the spot nicely.

Also listened to Castleumbra earlier. Didn't really hear any Cenotaph in it but I'll def go again.