Quote from: Snare on August 31, 2020, 06:11:55 PM
You'd want to be careful putting records next to leaking radiators!!  :D

Luckily no records damaged by rads in my gaff
Floors? Yes 🤣

Quote from: Carnage on August 29, 2020, 09:15:12 PM
Quote from: Juggz on August 26, 2020, 08:48:02 AMW.A.S.P. - The Headless Children - the CD I have is one of the reissues where they cut a bar out of The Heretic in order to squeeze on a bonus track. This annoys the shit out of me every time I listen to it and I've been meaning to replace it for years. There's an original EMI copy on the way.

Is that the case on every reissue? On Wikipedia it just mentions the '98 version, it's an album I haven't owned since buying the tape when it came out, and I'd like to pick it up on CD but don't want a copy with that flaw. I have a download of it as it is and that tbrows me off every time.
Now this is fucked up. The original arrived today and The Heretic is 7:16. On the reissue, with the edit, it's 7:23  :laugh:

#152 September 01, 2020, 07:44:03 PM Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 07:46:46 PM by Carnage
Fucksake. Shorter fade in maybe? There's a torrent with 2 or 3 versions of it, I'll suss it out that way. Pricey enough for an original version.

Anyway, just bought an Obituary 'classic set' T-shirt from some Polish shop on Ebay. I emailed Obituary's own site there and they aren't restocking them, so fuck it. Hopefully it's a decent print and not a shitty bootleg.

I think the reissue is slightly slower. Really, barely noticeably slower and lower in pitch. Fuck it, this EMI version is the one I grew up with so happy days. It was cheap enough off ebay.

#154 September 01, 2020, 09:12:03 PM Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 09:14:28 PM by The Heretic
Was chatting about the album with Chris Holmes when he played here in 2018 and he did say that parts of it were sped up during the original recording alright...by the way does anyone know what's being said in the spoken word part before Thunderhead kicks in?

#155 September 01, 2020, 10:46:15 PM Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 10:48:55 PM by blessed1
I haven't bought a cd in years and decided to buy Sitra Ahra by Therion as I hadn't really given it a good go and the album cover is nice.
Turns out it's actually pretty good. Not a patch on the ones before and a bit different but it's got this kind of 70's occult vibe that I kind of like.

The song Land Of Canaan is a really good 10min long song with brilliant opera and classical parts and the bass throughout is lovely.
Love that over the top stuff!

In the post today...

Bone Awl- Bowing Heads/ Sunless Xyggos LP (thanks, Grim Reality)

Ulver- Nattens Madrigal LP

Coupla 12inchs..
Suffocation's  ' Blood Oath' and Atrophy's  'Chemical Dependency ' from Svart
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Drastus - Venoms DLP
https://drastus.bandcamp.com/merch

Macabre Omen - Anamneses - LP

Denial Of God - The Hallow Mass LP

Quote from: Juggz on September 01, 2020, 07:57:41 PM
I think the reissue is slightly slower. Really, barely noticeably slower and lower in pitch. Fuck it, this EMI version is the one I grew up with so happy days. It was cheap enough off ebay.

I saw you mention this on here before years ago, I'd only the reissue version with the bonus tracks, so I ordered the original cd. I can't spot the missing bar though :laugh: Could you tell us what time it's at?

#161 September 03, 2020, 12:47:21 PM Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 02:42:35 PM by Carnage
Pre-ordered the new Nick Cave solo live album there. A lot of people seem to dislike that side of his stuff (like The Boatman's Call) but I'd be a big fan.

Also nabbed the original version of The Headless Children on Discogs, had to do it after all the talk of it recently.

#162 September 09, 2020, 12:38:21 PM Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 01:06:17 PM by Eoin McLove
Returned home to a parcel from Sentinel containing

Angel Witch- Seventies Tapes LP
Danava- Hemisphere of Shadows CD
Beyond Dawn- Revelry CD

And just after coming through the letter box

Procession of Spectres demo. Lads, incredible job on the layout. It's stunning.

Vintersorg- HedniskhjÀrtad CD

#163 September 09, 2020, 03:59:24 PM Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 04:01:03 PM by Juggz
Quote from: northside hoop on September 03, 2020, 12:39:42 PM
Quote from: Juggz on September 01, 2020, 07:57:41 PM

I saw you mention this on here before years ago, I'd only the reissue version with the bonus tracks, so I ordered the original cd. I can't spot the missing bar though :laugh: Could you tell us what time it's at?

It’s at 2:42, shortly after the first chorus. There are two bars of the celtic sounding riff, followed by a bar of open E chugging, a three bar section. Then the same section repeats and there are three bars of the celtic sounding riff and the open E bar straight afterwards, a normal four bar section. When the section repeats later in the song at 3:07, both times it has three bars of the riff followed by the bar of open E. It baffles me that they chose to do this, it’s so fucking jarring. The original, of course, has four bars every time.

I realise I now have bought this CD three times. I bought the Sanctuary version years ago and bought a Electric Circus/Headless Children double CD edition a few years later hoping it had the unedited version. Should have stuck with my original tape

Precambrian - Tectonics LP
Osculum Infame - Axis of Blood DLP