Surely not the sort of thing this thread is designed for, but I picked up cd copies of Ride The Lightning and And Justice For All for 50 cent each yesterday. Happy days.

Quote from: mickO))) on August 18, 2020, 01:56:27 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 17, 2020, 08:18:02 PM

Dissection- The Somberlain DLP. Cuntish, inexplicable lack of artwork, particularly when the artwork that should have been there is something so iconic, but looking forward to getting stuck into it.

Apparently the new reissues are bootlegs thats why they didn't use the original artwork.

Was about to purchase one, glad I read this

Do charity shops still sell cds? I miss being able to browse through stuff and coming across something good, instead of just finding it online and hitting the order button

Quote from: astfgyl on August 19, 2020, 11:30:57 AM
Surely not the sort of thing this thread is designed for, but I picked up cd copies of Ride The Lightning and And Justice For All for 50 cent each yesterday. Happy days.
Nice one. Where the hell did you get such bargains?

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on August 19, 2020, 12:20:44 PM

Would def throw 50 cents at a couple of cd copies also.

Found em in a charity shop in Ennis. A delightful outcome indeed.

Quote from: Trev on August 19, 2020, 12:06:11 PM
Do charity shops still sell cds? I miss being able to browse through stuff and coming across something good, instead of just finding it online and hitting the order button

The thrill of the hunt, innit.

My best charity shop score was a few years ago when I got Alex Lifeson's solo album 'Victor' for a euro.

I mean, it's unadulterated shite, but being the Rush fanboy that I am I was still thinking about pulling the trigger on it
for a much higher price just for "the shelf".

I'm always haunting the charity shops and also Dealz CD section on the off chance I'll find something decent. It is indeed the thrill of the hunt. Like I can buy any album I want online (and do!) but I still enjoy the old school buzz of the physical search.

Had a browse through some of the charity shops at the weekend, if I was big into 90s pop I'd have had a field day. The hunt continues...

Vile Creature - Glory, Glory, Apathy Took Helm
Fluisteraars - Bloem
Dead In The Manger - Cessation
Cardinayl Wyrm - Cast Away Souls

All on vinyl.

Also picked up two Irish releases on Bandcamp, Celtachor - Fiannaiocht and Laochra - Home and Heart.

Streaming some From The Bogs Of Aughiska at the moment. Really liking the sound of this.

Grand Belial's Key - Mocking the Philantropist
Grand Belial's Key - Witness to Regicide
Uriah Heep - Look at Yourself
Aura Noir - Aura Noire
Emperor - Wrath of the Tyrant
Blut Aus Nord - Ultima ThuleƩ

Quote from: astfgyl on August 24, 2020, 06:10:27 PM

Found em in a charity shop in Ennis. A delightful outcome indeed.

What shop was that? Rare enough visitor to them because I never found anything worthwhile in them

Quote from: durag on August 24, 2020, 10:50:16 PM
Vile Creature - Glory, Glory, Apathy Took Helm
Great album.  Must pick up a copy of this meself.

Bought a record but waiting for it to arrive, should be on this week, Shifting - "It Was Good".  Irish noise rock.  Great album and the record was a good price, 15 quid shipped.

#133 August 25, 2020, 07:10:58 PM Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 07:13:30 PM by hellfire
Theriomorphic - Of Fire and Light [tape]
Undersave - Sadistic Iterations... [tape]
Aura - Hamartia [tape]
Axia - Pulverizer [tape]
Genocide - Genocide [tape]
King Diamond - Fatal Portrait [LP]
Carnivore - Carnivore [LP]

Ysengrin- Initiatio CD.