Quote from: Juggz on September 09, 2020, 03:59:24 PM
Quote from: northside hoop on September 03, 2020, 12:39:42 PM
Quote from: Juggz on September 01, 2020, 07:57:41 PM
I think the reissue is slightly slower. Really, barely noticeably slower and lower in pitch. Fuck it, this EMI version is the one I grew up with so happy days. It was cheap enough off ebay.

I saw you mention this on here before years ago, I'd only the reissue version with the bonus tracks, so I ordered the original cd. I can't spot the missing bar though :laugh: Could you tell us what time it's at?

It's at 2:42, shortly after the first chorus. There are two bars of the celtic sounding riff, followed by a bar of open E chugging, a three bar section. Then the same section repeats and there are three bars of the celtic sounding riff and the open E bar straight afterwards, a normal four bar section. When the section repeats later in the song at 3:07, both times it has three bars of the riff followed by the bar of open E. It baffles me that they chose to do this, it's so fucking jarring. The original, of course, has four bars every time.

I realise I now have bought this CD three times. I bought the Sanctuary version years ago and bought a Electric Circus/Headless Children double CD edition a few years later hoping it had the unedited version. Should have stuck with my original tape

:laugh:

I can't believe they went to the trouble of shaving that tiny little bit off

King Diamond - The Eye
Bathory - Twilight of the Gods

Deviser- Transmission to Chaos LP
Borknagar- The Olden Domain LP

I ordered the Deviser LP and The Archaic Course CD and was mistakenly sent The Olden Domain on LP. A sweet mistake  8)

From Svart? I ordered The Pagan Prosperity vinyl from them this week, hope I don't get the cd
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Nein. Ordered them from Cult Never Dies. Must grab the Pagan Prosperity LP at some point. I recently grabbed Born of the Flickering (the recent tape edition) and haves been enjoying it a lot more than I did as a kid. I got the Pagan Prosperity t-shirt from Cult Never Dies recently too and it looks great.

Hmm, never heard of this CND you speak off, sure I might wander in
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Ljosazabojstwa- Gloryja Śmíercí

The Night Eternal - The Night Eternal CD

Not dissimilar to the earlier In Solitude albums if you're looking for something like the first 2 albums, similar vocal style and delivery.

#173 September 17, 2020, 03:12:59 PM Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 10:16:54 PM by Carnage

Watched the first ep. Ya, it's good.

Afsprengi Satans - Seiðgall / Djoful Leg LP
Serpent Column - Invicta LP
Both from Season of Mist

#176 September 18, 2020, 09:09:31 PM Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 10:16:30 PM by Carnage

Are we going to have folk listing their grocery shop in here next?  :P

What's the thread called?

Metal Warfare - Irish Metal Forum »
    Metal Discussion »
    Metal Discussion »
    Recent purchases

Mainly just ribbing man, but if more people start sticking their reading and viewing purchases, followed by discussion of them, that'll be a lot to trawl through to get to the metal!