I of the Trees and Wind - Cry of the Forest
Heltekvad - Morgenrødens Helvedesherre
Moonlight Sorcery - Piercing Through the Frozen Eternity
Ataraxy - The Last Mirror

A few digital pickups on bandcamp Friday, been listening to them all for ages bar the Cry of the Forest. My wishlist is seriously backed up.

Also, for want of a better place to put this, there's a remastered and repackaged edition of Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia out, I know that album has a number of fans on here as it should. Price is mad, mind.
https://shop.nuclearblast.com/en/products/sound/vinyl/vinyl-box-set/dimmu-borgir-puritanical-euphoric-misanthropia-boxset-black-.html

In the post today

Rotting Christ- Thy Mighty Contract LP.

On CD-

Hanoi Rocks - Bangkok Shocks Saigon Shakes Hanoi Rocks
Sturm und Drang - Learning to Rock
The 69 Eyes - Blessed Be
The 69 Eyes - Wasting the Dawn
Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper
Children of Bodom - Something Wild
Cradle of Filth - Dusk and her embrace
Sonata Arctica- Universal, had one other album called Frozen maybe from this band.

Haven't had a chance to fire them on yet. Might have to wait till next weekend,  looking forward to the Hanoi Rocks anyway , not much idea about the others. CoF will try again, last time I listened to them was about 17 years ago

I had Dusk on recently. It holds up!

#919 November 17, 2022, 04:01:24 PM Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 04:05:32 PM by FiveEyes
Artillery - By Inheritance, on CD. Not sure how I missed this one back in the day, released 1991. Better late then never, solid thrash! RIP!!!!

https://youtu.be/nE5JrzTrRwA

Good album alright, where did you nab it, was it reissued?
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Picked up a good few great LPs recently.

Blood Incantation's Hidden History of the Human Race was one and it really is amazing. Easy modern classic.

Also nice was the fact it was standard price but included a CD in with it. More of this, please. Even download codes seem to be rare where they were standard issue like 7 years ago. Digital collection seems to be looked down on but it's still my primary method and it's fucking annoying that it's just not considered any more.

#922 November 18, 2022, 10:22:41 PM Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 10:25:19 PM by Eoin McLove
I just put in an order for the Rotting Christ reissue of A Dead Poem. $72 with postage to Australia... bless us and save us tonight. I find myself on a huge Greek BM buzz of late so I want to catch up on all those early albums, but Jesus, it's going to hurt the wallet a bit  :laugh:

I also intend on grabbing the early Metallica stuff on vinyl over the next few months, and the prices on those are staggering. JB Hifi are charging over $60 per album...

At that price surely you'd be better off searching for second hand copies in good condition?

Prices are bananas overall in fairness. Hope that bubble pops soon.

Australia is a pure cunt for prices.

Jaysus lads I picked up the best of rem for a euro there the other week. Does that count or are we only doing stuff we paid a fortune for and no-one else has it?

Depends on which best of you bought, I suppose. Unless it has songs that nobody has heard since 1982 it's probably not KVLT enough.

Soundgarden: Screaming Life/Fopp, Louder Than Love, Ultramega OK - all remasters/reissues
Mother Love Bone: Mother Love Bone

All CD. I love some of those early pre 'grunge' sounds.

Quote from: astfgyl on November 19, 2022, 08:03:51 PMJaysus lads I picked up the best of rem for a euro there the other week. Does that count or are we only doing stuff we paid a fortune for and no-one else has it?

Fuckin love cheap CD finds!

I'm constantly hunting in the charity shops for CDs. Just never know what you'd find in them and the cheapness makes me try things I mightn't bother with otherwise. I did throw a Chemical Bros album out the window of the car before I got home not so long ago. It was awful!