Found The Wall in the charity shop in perfect nick (mason) for 2 euro. Grand job. Wouldn't be my favourite of theirs but for that price tis grand

#886 September 24, 2022, 02:15:28 PM Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 06:38:38 PM by Carnage
Quote from: hellfire on September 24, 2022, 08:53:33 AMEveryone always picks the first one as the best. Any of the first three are a valid choice. Prefer Under The Sign, The Return is sheer brilliance too though.

Not a fan of the first three at all, Hammerheart is probably the best for me. I'm probably the only person who rates Requiem, it's a personal favourite.

Requiem and Octagon are the two that I didn't even bother getting.

Recent eBay pickups;

Death Angel - Frolic Though the Park lp vinyl
The Flex - Chewing Gum for the Ears lp vinyl
Valac - Burning Dawn of Vengeance  lp vinyl

The Screaming Jets - Tear of Thought, 1992 CD of Aussie hard rock

Angel Dust - Into the Dark Past - Original Lp
Undergang - Misantropologi & Doden Laeger Alle Sar - Original cassettes

Black Sabbath- mob rules deluxe version
Immolation- here in after , rebuying after losing the original CD.
Horslips box set

Quote from: 91/30 on October 09, 2022, 07:24:29 AMHorslips box set

Tempted by this myself. Pricey but comprehensive.

Quote from: Carnage on October 09, 2022, 02:11:58 PM
Quote from: 91/30 on October 09, 2022, 07:24:29 AMHorslips box set

Tempted by this myself. Pricey but comprehensive.

Got it coming from Germany with European VAT removed and cheap postage so not too bad.
First music (tape) I ever bought was Live at the Whita Hall on a fair day around 1982.

The Reverend Bizarre "Slice of Doom" 4 LP boxset arrived today. It's a thing of beauty. Looks like it came with a bonus CD as well but there is no info on the sleeve as to what is on it. Colour me intrigued. Looking forward to spendvling some time diving into all of it and reading the various booklets. I'm glad to had coughed up for it in the end  8)

Went a bit overboard on Friday night  :-X
Internal Rot - Mental Hygiene (LP)
Grieving Birth (LP)
Demilich - Nespithe(LP)
Gets worse - Snubbed (lp), Teen wolf (cd)
Nomadic rituals - Tides (lp)
Gawthorp - Jumbo (cd)
Pre ordered
Vaura - Нормальный человек (A Normal Man) (cd)

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 10, 2022, 07:03:37 AMThe Reverend Bizarre "Slice of Doom" 4 LP boxset arrived today. It's a thing of beauty. Looks like it came with a bonus CD as well but there is no info on the sleeve as to what is on it. Colour me intrigued. Looking forward to spendvling some time diving into all of it and reading the various booklets. I'm glad to had coughed up for it in the end  8)

It is a DVD of a live show from 99.

There's a bonus CD as well, it's a rehearsal for So Long Suckers.

Is that what it is? It's very raw, sounds like very early versions of the songs and it only sounds like there is bass and drums. A mere curio really.

#899 October 11, 2022, 02:19:08 AM Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 02:24:41 AM by Carnage
Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 11, 2022, 01:36:08 AMIs that what it is? It's very raw, sounds like very early versions of the songs and it only sounds like there is bass and drums. A mere curio really.

Yep, I asked on Facebook when I got mine, I can't remember who answered but it's that alright. Grand for nowt, a bonus for diehard fans really.

Edit: from Svart: "it is the band's last rehearsal demos, Albert and Void playing songs from So Long Suckers."