Putrefaction sets in- Repugnant Inception of Decomposing Paroxysm

Miasmatic necrosis -apex profane

Two great goregrind albums like early carcass reek era

In the post today...

Forgotten Woods- As the Wolves Gather/ Sjel av Natten CD.
Forgotten Woods- The Curse of Mankind CD.

Nice to have these in the collection as I've been listening to them a lot on YouTube recently. My only gripe is that the inlays are slightly too big to fit the digipacks making them difficult to pull out. I can see them getting fucked over time.

Today in JB Hifi I stumbled on

Maudlin of the Well- Part the Second.

I have been familiar with this band's name but I'm fairly sure I've never heard a note of music so it was a blind buy. Interesting stuff. I hear all things from The Unthanks, Redneck Manifesto,  Cave-In, Corsaire...

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 22, 2022, 09:53:19 AMToday in JB Hifi I stumbled on

I have been familiar with this band's name but I'm fairly sure I've never heard a note of music so it was a blind buy. Interesting stuff. I hear all things from The Unthanks, Redneck Manifesto,  Cave-In, Corsaire...

I don't know MotW at all but have serious love for a lot of (Driver's other band) Kayo Dot's albums.  Also all over the shop musically but I'd tell anyone into off kilter metal (or odd music at all) to give the album "Hubardo" a go, if you never have.

Mayhem - Pure Fucking Armageddon box set should be arriving any day now. I go complete fanboy for certain bands.

Candlemass: Psalms For The Dead CD/DVD

Quote from: ochoill on September 22, 2022, 02:56:06 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 22, 2022, 09:53:19 AMToday in JB Hifi I stumbled on

I don't know MotW at all but have serious love for a lot of (Driver's other band) Kayo Dot's albums.  Also all over the shop musically but I'd tell anyone into off kilter metal (or odd music at all) to give the album "Hubardo" a go, if you never have.

Most/all of the members from Maudlin are involved in Kayo Dot- another band who I only know by name. Must check them out.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 22, 2022, 09:55:48 PMMost/all of the members from Maudlin are involved in Kayo Dot- another band who I only know by name. Must check them out.
Ah I never knew that, always thought it was Driver's own thing.  Will stick on that Maudlin album over the weekend all the same while it's in my mind.

Selvhat - Avskjed
Selvhat - Gjennom mørket famlende

Delighted to see some of his stuff get a reissue. Heard Den Svart Tid a few years back and been dying to get some Selvhat on wax since.

Picked up the half speed master of Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk from sentinel recently.
Sounds good, but to my ears no better or worse than the rest of my Emperors, which are all back on black represses. Disappointingly, and unlike those earlier and cheaper represses, the artwork is a bit blurry/pixellated by comparison, and the sleeve is not gatefold. A minor enough complaint as the music sounds great but if I was hoping this would be the definitive edition of a definitive album... it isn't.

Also picked up Bathory - ...The Return.
An album I'm very unfamiliar with, so it's getting pretty much its inaugural listens this weekend.

The Return is incredible.

Everyone always picks the first one as the best. Any of the first three are a valid choice. Prefer Under The Sign, The Return is sheer brilliance too though.

If pushed, Blood Fire Death. Goat, Under the Sign and Hammerheart after.

Hammerheart was the first one I got into but have found it more or less unlistenable for the last 15 odd years. Will go back to it now. First 4 with The Return prob being the pick of the bunch.