No album title or artwork released yet. I'm hoping for something a bit different at this point but let's see. Visually there has been a kind of similarishness to the last couple of albums. I'm dreaming, I know, but it would be cool to see them go for an old painting or even a new bespoke painting to spice things up.

Interesting remark about the artwork, aside from some of the latterday records having a musical formula, I find I'm continually mixing the albums up and part of the reason is the artwork itself. Lots of statues and similar colours make it hard to differentiate

Exactly. In fairness they developed a unique identity on that front within the pagan metal scene, but it's time for something new methinks.

Paul McCarroll has already said in another thread that the artwork is done. So it won't be an old painting. I've no idea what the collaborative creative process is (ie how much the band input) between band and Paul though.

Not an official announcement but they said on Instagram their new album will be out before they tour with PL at the end of September.

No way! That's only round the corner !

Anyone have any other info on Mick leaving the band? Seems to be complete radio silence on it.

Nothing was said at all.
I'd have to presume it was amicable. It looks like Sean from last light has been filling in for some shows.

Micks been leaving for about a decade now! :laugh:

I'm just listening to Alan's newest podcast here, procrastinating from work of course, but he mentions the new album is out Sep 12 and is called "How It Ends".

That's in next to no time. I imagine a big announcement is only around the corner. Intrigued as to how this one will play especially with Alan's vocal performance on Verminous Serpent, wonder if it will have any influence.

How it Ends is a cool title.

I thought so too. And of course it raises eyebrows...
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Thorn on July 26, 2023, 09:18:44 AMI thought so too. And of course it raises eyebrows...

Well they can lower that eyebrow by mentioning a fondness for the words resurrection...return...phoenix park, you know, the usuals!

Going to buck the trend and say I don't like the title. Seems a bit low brow and obvious for Primordial. Maybe because I've heard it used in many other songs/albums and that ridiculous track of the same name by Red Hot Chili Peppers is what immediately sprung to mind.

Maybe it'll click when I see the artwork and get to hear what direction they've gone in musically.