Shame it's in Drogheda, but what can you do

Ah Ciaran, do you remember that time in the chippers in Balbriggan..... the barney with the travellers!

Ha ha ha! jaysus thats a while ago now!!!!

Yes Drogheda.....see you there! Al Bell, guaranteed!

Hmmmm, might hit that for the craic. What's the venue like?

Must be getting close to hearing a single from the new album.

I heard a few tracks but I genuinely can't remember them. Happy to help.

Quote from: open face surgery on August 04, 2023, 12:04:09 PMHmmmm, might hit that for the craic. What's the venue like?

Its a good venue and the pub its part of is rocking... literally. A metal institution in Drogheda.

My anticipation of this is surprisingly high. I'm dying to hear a new song. I've been pretty obsessed with Primordial the past couple of years, all their albums. I think the last one, Exile, is savage; the title track & To Hell or the Hangman are brilliant. If the album is really coming out in just over a month, I'm surprised there isn't a song out yet or even the album announcement....cutting it a little fine no?

I think I'm gonna make it up to this "warm up" gig in Drogheda. Just in case they don't play again here at home for a while.

Quote from: open face surgery on August 04, 2023, 12:04:09 PMHmmmm, might hit that for the craic. What's the venue like?

It is decent enough. Big enough as well I would guess it holds between 200 - 300 or maybe even more. Have an outdoor area at the back as well that started offering loads of different types of food once the pubs opened back up again.

Quote from: mishima on April 05, 2023, 09:15:37 PMAlso, I'll be heading to Beyond the Gates in Norway in August where they're playing The Gathering Wilderness in its entirety. Very much looking forward to that.

So yeah, it was To The Nameless Dead that they played.. Got my wires crossed somehow. They did finish with The Coffin Ships though..
Class to see them in Grieghallen, despite the sound issues at the beginning.
Ger from Mael Mordha was on guitar duties, btw.

The TTND songs lend themselves better to a festival but I'd have been very, very disappointed with that, had I expected TGW in full. I'd love to hear End of all Times live.

TGW is 20 soon enough, as mental as that is, so it may happen.

A month out from the release and no sign of artwork or a sample yet. I wonder are they going to forego any sort of build up and just release the first single on the day of the album release. While there's a part of me dying to hear something and see the artwork I think there might be something simple, understated and refreshing about that approach.

:laugh: sure there you go!

Hmmm. Not into the artwork but maybe it'll grow on me. I'll give the song a couple more spins and see if it works but it is a bit unremarkable on first listen.