Quote from: Carnage on May 19, 2022, 09:44:22 PM
Vangelis, aged 79. Going to see Blade Runner Live on Sunday, puts a different spin on it.
It sure does. I've been looking forward to Blade Runner live for two years now. One of my favourite movies and soundtracks

Same as. March 2020 it was originally set for. A friend went to it in London just before lockdown and said it was amazing, gonna be bittersweet now.

Cathal Coughlan. Ex-Microdisney/Fatima Mansions/North Sea Scrolls.

Not metal but a true genius who covered a huge range with true wit and intelligence in his lyrics. Never ever let anyone get in the way of what he wanted to achieve musically.

Jesus, what happened there? He would have been young, early 50s or thereabouts?

Quote from: Carnage on May 23, 2022, 04:03:45 PM
Jesus, what happened there? He would have been young, early 50s or thereabouts?

61. Still young enough.

Apparently he died in hospital after a long illness. He looked a gaunt in the last video for his latest record but he's been thin and gangly for years.

Wouldn't have put him at 61, but I suppose Microdisney were around in the early '80s. Long illness usually means cancer, a shame that.

#291 May 23, 2022, 04:11:20 PM Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 04:14:10 PM by StoutAndAle
The Telefís thing that he did with Jacknife Lee and Jah Wobble last year is absolute class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxaeslmFjqc

Quote from: StoutAndAle on May 23, 2022, 04:11:20 PM
The Telefís thing that he did with Jacknife Lee and Jah Wobble last year is absolute class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxaeslmFjqc

The solo album, 'Song of Co-Aklan' was great as well. They were fantastic at the Microdisney shows in 2019.

Quote from: Necro Red on May 20, 2022, 11:08:15 AM
Quote from: Carnage on May 19, 2022, 09:44:22 PM
Vangelis, aged 79. Going to see Blade Runner Live on Sunday, puts a different spin on it.
It sure does. I've been looking forward to Blade Runner live for two years now. One of my favourite movies and soundtracks

It was excellent, and the little tribute to Vangelis at the end was unexpecreely moving, too.

Alan White from Yes.
Andy Fletcher from Depeche Mode.

And with Ray Liotta beside, bad day of it for great performers.

Christ! Heavy losses for one day, alright.

Ray Liotta? Bummer. Although he has looked unwell for the past twenty odd years. How did he die?

Aye rip Andy Fletcher.

It'll be a Depeche Mode themed weekend for me now.

Be the same for Mclove I suppose.. Goodfellas with the sound down and the whole Depeche Mode discography? :laugh:

I can't stand Depeche Mode. Utter scatter.

If your man Fletch the fella that used to do fuck all on stage for them? Don't want to speak ill but sure.