#645 March 01, 2024, 12:26:27 PM Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 12:42:05 PM by OpenSores
Sad news alright, always enjoyed their cooking shows throughout the years including the most recent. Seemed very chilled out decent dudes. Still make a few of their recipes.

Shit buzz alright. Seemed like a sound lad and did proper cooking. Probably the only TV cooks I'd actively watch.

Rick Stein is my favourite, so relaxed and the stuff he does looks amazing. Apparently he's a bollocks when it comes to business though.

Rick is worth a fortune. I'd say he knows what he's about when it comes to business, but yeah I love watching his shows. A good dude.

Met Dave Myers at a Thunder gig a few years ago. Lovely bloke. Very sad. Big fan of the lads.

Quote from: Mr Barlow on March 01, 2024, 09:17:14 PMMet Dave Myers at a Thunder gig a few years ago. Lovely bloke. Very sad. Big fan of the lads.

Nice.

Akira Toriyama, the creator of Dragon Ball, 68.

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on March 08, 2024, 07:01:37 AMAkira Toriyama, the creator of Dragon Ball, 68.
Saw this earlier, downer, if it wasn't for DBZ I probably never would be as into anime as I am now.  It would nearly make me want to go back and watch the stuff post-GT just to see what it went to with him back at the helm.  Was also sent this self portrait of him this morning:

IMG-20240308-WA0000.jpg

Having a random browse of The Metal Archives and spied that former Cryptopsy vocalist Martin LaCroix passed away back in January. He was the boyo on the None So Live live album, but got the boot from the band as he had bugger all English.

Didn't realise he was a graphic designer as well and actually did the artwork for Gorguts' Coloured Sands. RIP.

Jaysus, he can't have been much of an age. Sad news. Powerful singer even if the style didn't necessarily 'fit' Cryptopsy.

I met a few Canadians in London about 11 or 12 years ago, one of whom had fairly poor English, which was surprising to me. The perception of French in Canada appears to be the opposite of the general European view of Metropolitan French ; ie elegant, language of culture etc (granted not everyone feels that way). There it's perceived as trashy, like hillbilly talk. In fairness it's not 'honey in the ears' as the French from France.

Yeah None So Live was actually my first Cryptopsy album, so I associate him with some of the classics as much as Lord Worm. Stuck it on there this morning, still a belter.

A friend of mine was back home on a visit recently from Montréal. She had her new fella in tow, a Québécois lad. He had almost no English, which as you say, was quite the surprise when I briefly met him. Must've been a long two weeks for him!

I just read that Blake Harrison of Pig Destroyer has died. That's truly awful, savage band.

Quote from: Circlepit on March 10, 2024, 08:00:37 PMI just read that Blake Harrison of Pig Destroyer has died. That's truly awful, savage band.

That's truly shit indeed. Been listening to a lot of PD lately.

They were in Liverpool last night.

He's a former member. Did a lot of the weird samples and such.