Ah, he was some madman back in the day in Brookie.
RIP.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Not seeing much of the national outpouring of grief over Shane. I was never a fan tbh but by god are we going to be getting the fairytale worse than ever this Christmas.

His greatest legacy to me anyway will be the kicking off of the offended thread on this here forum.

Lads lads  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

They're talking about his death on vmtv news there and they just rolled out a lad called Richard Balls to talk about it.

Dick Balls!!

Was at a Hot Press book launch/party years ago and when I arrived (late) I was at the back as the speaker was on the stage. Directly in front of me was this really disheveled looking character who was heckling the speaker much to the bemusement of some people around. I thought perhaps a homeless person had walked in off the street I looked again and it was Shane MacGowan! He then shuffled off somewhere else and I didn't see him until the bar afterwards surrounded by industry types. RIP- The Irish Rover, cannot stand 'Fairytale..'.

I saw Shane and the Pope's in Eamon Dorans aka The Rockgarden in 2001, mental gig, lads kept buying him vodka, and handing him spliffs, the gig got better as he got more shitfaced and we were all flaming too in the crowd.
I was at Feile 91 and the Pogues played there, they were joined onstage by Kirsty McColl iirc?

Sad to learn Benjamin Zephaniah has passed, love his work.

Torben Ulrich, the last sane voice in Camp 'tallica, 95.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on December 21, 2023, 08:59:08 AMTorben Ulrich, the last sane voice in Camp 'tallica, 95.

Good age. RIP.

Leeway guitarist Michael Gibbons

Tom Wilkinson died yesterday at 75. Great actor. RIP.

John Pilger! Huge influence on me back in the day. Won't be much of a surprise to anyone who knows his books or documentaries. And if ye don't, there's some hangover watching for ye for tomorrow!

Had a lot of time for Pilger meself over the years even though I didn't always agree with him but he was needed

Quote from: astfgyl on December 31, 2023, 07:10:40 PMHad a lot of time for Pilger meself over the years even though I didn't always agree with him but he was needed
What did you not agree  with him on? He and Fisk before him are a big loss to the world  of proper Journalism.

Quote from: Cailleach on December 31, 2023, 08:07:15 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on December 31, 2023, 07:10:40 PMHad a lot of time for Pilger meself over the years even though I didn't always agree with him but he was needed
What did you not agree  with him on? He and Fisk before him are a big loss to the world  of proper Journalism.

The idea of coordination. People are far greedier than we give them credit for.

Tony 'The Hat' Clarkin, RIP, although he hadn't worn the hat in a long time.