A true musical genius. Such a shame he was such a train wreck because who knows how many more amazing songs he may have written if he didn't drink himself to a state of brain damage. RIP to a legend.

Not unexpected, he looked halfway there in hospital. A shame all the same.

Genius, love the Pogues. Rip

RIP to an absolute legend. His music and poetry will live on in a glorious honour to the man.

Use to love those Pogues Christmas shows in the point back in the early 00's always a great night out that got you in the mood for xmas.

Was only at one, with Dropkick Murphys supporting, in maybe 2004 or there about. Unreal. Got kicked out for crowdsurfing during Fairytale of New York. Perfect timing to beat the crowd.

I was at one with (I think) Blood Or Whiskey supporting, great night. Dubliners came out for The Irish Rover and it was mighty. His mother came out for Fairytale, that was less than mighty (she hadn't a note in her head) but was nice to see and had the whole place going. RIP to him anyway.

I was never into the Pogues, however "A Rainy Night In Soho" is a thing of beauty...

Quote from: open face surgery on November 30, 2023, 12:56:28 PMWas only at one, with Dropkick Murphys supporting, in maybe 2004 or there about. Unreal. Got kicked out for crowdsurfing during Fairytale of New York. Perfect timing to beat the crowd.

:laugh:

Sad news alright, didn't realise he was only 65 but then he did live hard. RIP.

I'm more surprised he made it to 65 than Kissinger to 100 tbh!  :laugh:

Only 65? He looked older than that in the 90s. Shame, but he had a long run all things considered.

Dean Sullivan aka Jimmy Corkhill