Still to this day the best series of comedy films ever made.

Eddie Sutton from Leeway, 59. Shit buzz, love Born To Expire & Desperate Measures

Daniel Dennett died a few days ago. I've only listened to interviews and lectures but I've always found his world view fascinating. I'll have to pick up some of his books. A loss to the world of philosophy I'm sure, and he seems to have been a good dude too. RIP.

Steve Albini with a heart attack. Always an interesting character and behind a lot of big albums.

Yeah, just heard too. On top of the albums, contributed a lot of interesting perspectives on the industry over the years, especially more recently.

I hated what he did to most bands' sounds, but I wouldn't have wanted to see him go out young like that. A shame.

Shit buzz alright poor fella

Yeah, not a fan of his production work but that's too young to go.

Tommy Viator, the drummer for Disincarnate, has died too. Live that album.

Steve Albini just died. Was actually never a fan of his production, but I appreciate his influence and impact on the underground. Always thought albums like In Utero or Rid of Me could have been way better with a different production direction. Not necessarily more polished, just different.

Shit buzz about Viator, Dreams of the Carrion Kind is one of my all time favourite records.

Have similar feelings about Albini to ye lads. Rid of Me would be my favourite PJ Harvey album if not for the doggy doo-doo production.

Fuck man, that's unexpected. Her will always be important to me for his work with Neurosis. Times of Grace is perfection. RIP.

Albini was a fuckin hero.  Late to the game with BB and Shellac but what he did for DIY music, alt rock, underground music in general can't be understated and his style of engineering, approach to music, attitude about the whole system, and albums he produced have all impacted me in different ways at different times.  And a serious impact on modern music in general.  What a downer.

Morgan 'Supersize Me' Spurlock dead at 53.

Meanwhile, Doug 'Super High Me' Benson, 61 and doin' just fine  :laugh:

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on May 24, 2024, 05:08:42 PMMorgan 'Supersize Me' Spurlock dead at 53.

Meanwhile, Doug 'Super High Me' Benson, 61 and doin' just fine  :laugh:

Turned out he was an outrageous ballbag behind the scenes. The liver damage from the garlic chip and cheese or whatever he was on was, in fact, caused by almost daily piss ups.