No word as to cause of death.

Quote from: Circlepit on March 10, 2024, 08:00:37 PMI just read that Blake Harrison of Pig Destroyer has died. That's truly awful, savage band.

48's no age at all. Always came across as a sound lad in interviews. He was great on the Misfits episode of Requiem Metal Podcast too.

I read it was during a straightforward heart procedure. He had or was in the process of battling cancer.
Phantom Limb is their pinnacle for me. The riffs are so so good.

Charlie Bird, 74. Had it rough at the end. I had time for him, he seemed to be one of the few RTE journalists you could trust.

Ah poor Charlie, seemed to really male the most of life the past few years
A good reporter in his day

Poor Charlie indeed. He made the best of a bad lot.

Had me aul wan on chatting about Charlie this morning alright. He was a good sort.

Jerry Abbott, Dimebag and Vinnie Paul's father died there a few days back

So awful to outlive your kids, and the trauma of how Diamond went out. A bit of peace for him now. RIP.

Not metal related, OJ Simpson (the juice) passed away from cancer. Anyone old enough will remember the trial and the wall to wall coverage of it. Everyone involved became celebrities such was the coverage.

How long ago was that, 30 odd years? The series with Cuba Gooding and John Travolta was worth a watch.

Quote from: Carnage on April 11, 2024, 07:07:40 PMHow long ago was that, 30 odd years? The series with Cuba Gooding and John Travolta was worth a watch.
Spot on 1994 trial began. I believe the only reason he was found not guilty was the fear of a repeat of the rioting after the Rodney King verdict. L A would have burned if he went down.

Wonder if his hearse will go slower than the Bronco?

Anyone ever see the ESPN 30 fpr 30 documentary, "June 17th, 1994"? Great watch, all the stuff that went down that day, the Rangers tickertape parade down Broadway, the World Cup opening ceremony amongst others. then the NBA finals game, which NBC ended up going splitscreen with the OJ chase.