#510 July 03, 2023, 04:46:38 PM Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 04:49:28 PM by StoutAndAle
Sound. I haven't seen that.

Worth a look. The gist of it is that for every Nirvana, Tool, Pearl Jam etc. that signed with and made it on major labels in the "90s, there's a pile of other bands who didn't sell the same numbers and didn't get the same push and/or attention. A lot of familar names and some I'd never checked out, but but will after watching that. Interesting enough.

Nuclear Assault - Handle With Care

sorry wrong thread in error, remove if possible

Quote from: londonleatherboy on July 06, 2023, 11:54:11 AMNuclear Assault - Handle With Care

Sure you didn't mean Out of Order?  :D

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on July 06, 2023, 03:27:52 PM
Quote from: londonleatherboy on July 06, 2023, 11:54:11 AMNuclear Assault - Handle With Care

Sure you didn't mean Out of Order?  :D

ha ha

'Out Of Order' was a notable death itself
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Carnage on July 03, 2023, 04:58:08 PMWorth a look. The gist of it is that for every Nirvana, Tool, Pearl Jam etc. that signed with and made it on major labels in the "90s, there's a pile of other bands who didn't sell the same numbers and didn't get the same push and/or attention. A lot of familar names and some I'd never checked out, but but will after watching that. Interesting enough.

Watched that doc - very enjoyable.

Found this film at the weekend - worth a watch. Features Drive Like Jehu, Pitchfork etc. which both featured Rick Froberg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHr0QgJCC_Y

Sinéad O'Connor, just 56. Fucking gutted, mad as a hatter though she was I loved her.

Had her struggles, RIP. Hope she's at peace. First two albums are awesome.

It is mad, looking back on the famous ripping up the pope picture, the country went mental but she was fuckin right. More metal than anything Nergal has done!!!

Quote from: Carnage on July 26, 2023, 07:05:36 PMSinéad O'Connor, just 56. Fucking gutted, mad as a hatter though she was I loved her.

Succinct and says it all for me too. The events of her life punctuated our own since as long as I can remember. Reckon there'll be a quare unofficial wake in The Harbour Bar in Bray tonight.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 26, 2023, 08:37:59 PM
Quote from: Carnage on July 26, 2023, 07:05:36 PMSinéad O'Connor, just 56. Fucking gutted, mad as a hatter though she was I loved her.

Succinct and says it all for me too. The events of her life punctuated our own since as long as I can remember. Reckon there'll be a quare unofficial wake in The Harbour Bar in Bray tonight.

RIP Sinead.

Welled up a little in the car on the way home - John Creedon/RTE and Nova were playing a load of her songs. She had an incredible voice and talent.

I'd forgotten Kris Kristofferson wrote a song in her honour following the Pope controversy.

https://www.songfacts.com/facts/kris-kristofferson/sister-sinead

Had a weird one tonight - someone I've never met or had any interaction with and I was in bits. Went to the pub, met a mate - quite a stoic, reserved fellow - and we were both tearing up talking about her. He said he wept on the train home from work, I was welling up walking into town, listening to her stuff. Bizarre. God but she was great.

Only hearing about her this morning. Such a shame. She was never right after her son's suicide.

As mentioned above... It's a strange one for sure.
There's a geniune feeling of loss about her passing.
Even though I never really had much of an interest in her music bar the early stuff back in the old Beatbox days, or any of her rantings and controversies.

Terrible news. She had an absolutely stunning voice. I was lucky enough to see her live years ago. RIP.