She had lived in Switzerland for the past twenty years which is almost the same as being dead.

Christy Dignam has passed.

Say what you will but my old man playing Aslan in the car was instrumental in me getting into guitar music as a kid.

Couldn't stand them, and I don't have a lot of time for junkies in general, but I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. No way to go.

They had a couple of great tunes. His life was a horror story if I remember correctly, from sexual abuse to addiction. RIP.

Yeah, for someone with that life and that music, he seemed decent enough! Fought the cancer hard too, respect.

Cormac McCarthy. Have enjoyed all of his stuff I read.

#504 June 13, 2023, 10:08:13 PM Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 10:51:40 PM by Eoin McLove
No way. He was old as the hills. The two he put out last year were really good. RIP.

Sad to hear - Blood Meridian is a masterpiece, one of my all-time favourites.

Rick Froberg - Pitchfork/Drive Like Jehu/Hot Snakes/Obits died over the weekend. 55 years old.

Natural causes - sounds like a massive heart attack from what his missus posted online.

Pretty saddening. Along with Swami John Reis - he was involved in the creation of one of the most seminal albums of my teenage years - Drive Like Jehu's "Yank Crime".

Froberg had only posted on his Instagram (where he showed his artwork) about 3 weeks ago that Hot Snakes were nearly finished a new record. 

I just watched a documentary that featured DLJ yesterday and was planning on checking them out properly. 55 is too young.

Quote from: Carnage on July 03, 2023, 12:30:19 PMI just watched a documentary that featured DLJ yesterday and was planning on checking them out properly. 55 is too young.

Which documentary was that?

Quote from: StoutAndAle on July 03, 2023, 04:10:02 PM
Quote from: Carnage on July 03, 2023, 12:30:19 PMI just watched a documentary that featured DLJ yesterday and was planning on checking them out properly. 55 is too young.

Which documentary was that?

https://youtu.be/k4pm0dFZ9SI