I thought he'd died a couple of years ago TBH.

My bad, I guess I was seeing anniversary tributes or something. 2014 was the year. R.I.P. all the same.

Ah right. Thought it was more recent than that, though. Jaysus.

I see Barry Humphries died, from complications after hip surgery. 89.

First Lily Savage and now Dame Edna? Drag Death Race 2023!  :-X

You might even say they have both trans-scended.

And it's goodbye from Jerry Springer. 79, after 'a brief illness'.

Ah, always there after the pub to remind us that no matter how low you are there's always someone to look down upon
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Johnny Fean, guitarist with Horslips died this morning. Amazing player.

Ah jaysus, that's unexpected. He was gifted alright. Only got to see them once, just before Covid hit. They were mighty.

Saw them in their reunion tour with the auld lad in 2009 (10?)for the auld lads fiftieth, great player. To be honest, he didn't look well, even then.

Quote from: Carnage on April 28, 2023, 03:32:03 PMAh jaysus, that's unexpected. He was gifted alright. Only got to see them once, just before Covid hit. They were mighty.

Yeah, glad I saw them that once, in the Town Hall in Galway, yes I think it was November before Covid, if I remember correctly, Great Gig.

That's where/when I saw them, yeah first week in November. They were excellent, even though Carr and O'Connor weren't there I was like a pig in shit. Bucket list gig, I grew up listening to them, my parents used to follow them around the country.

#478 May 10, 2023, 01:10:58 PM Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 01:13:33 PM by StoutAndAle
Frank Kozik died earlier this week.

You might not recognise the name but I'd bet that we all own at least one album/poster with his artwork on it - Melvins, QOTSA, Pearl Jam, Beastie Boys, Rollins Band etc. or a record from his Man's Ruin record Label - QOTSA (again), High On Fire, Orange Goblin, Fu Manchu, Acid King, Goatsnake etc.

Oh that sucks, The Offspring's Americana album was the second I ever bought on CD, so I spent a lot of time looking at that cover.

And the first Melvin's album I bought was Houdini, and it was the sleeve that swayed me to pick that.

RIP.