Not a lot of wanking antics described in this notable deaths thread so far. Little disappointed in you all that I haven't seen stories that'd make me more disappointed with you

Any metal-related asphyxiwank deaths known of? That'd be maximally notable  :laugh:

Jesus only spotted now that Tim Aymar passed!,love Control Denied!

Looks like no hope for Tom Sizemore.
Made some great movies :(

He did indeed!
His career took a serious nosedive in quality later on, though.

Last thing I remember him in was Saving Private Ryan, which is a historically questionable but nonetheless fantastic film.

What happened to him?

Aneurysm, they've said there's nothing more they can do for him.

Quote from: Carnage on February 28, 2023, 05:46:35 PMAneurysm, they've said there's nothing more they can do for him.

Poor bastard hard luck

Spot

In house producer for SST records (Black Flag primarily), also produced Misfits 'Earth AD'. Odd production style but RIP all the same.

Surprised that hasn't gotten more attention looking at his resume.

Descendents, Husker Du, Saint Vitus and Meat Puppets too, some body of work considering it looks like he was only active for about 5 years.

Yeah legendary producer, though a lot of people didn't like his style. One of the primary influences on 80s underground and indie music though. I wouldn't change the sound of Zen Arcade for anything, and much prefer it to Husker Du's slightly more polished later sound.

Did enjoy this little quote about him:

"His principal sideline was as a record producer-engineer and an architect of the natural approach to recording a band in the punk era," Carducci wrote. "He started in Hermosa Beach playing and recording jazz and he took the primacy of live jazz playing into recording bands against prevailing attempts to soften or industrialize a back-to-basics arts movement in sound."

He added: "When approaching the mixing board SPOT would assume an Elvis-like stance and then gesturing toward all the knobs he would say in a Louis Armstrong-like voice, 'This is going to be gelatinous!"

RIP Spot, you were very much gelatinous!

https://blabbermouth.net/news/dark-angel-guitarist-jim-durkin-dies-at-58

QuoteDARK ANGEL guitarist Jim Durkin has died at the age of 58.

Jim's passing was confirmed by his wife Annie on his Facebook page earlier today (Friday, March 10). She wrote: "With a broken and heavy heart, I want to share that the love of my life, my best friend and husband, Jimmy, passed away Wednesday morning. He was not alone as I was with him along with a few close friends until the end. He will be truly missed and no one can ever replace the love I have for him. May he rest in peace.

"Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours....... My Immortal Beloved. I will see you again."

Durkin had been sitting out some of DARK ANGEL's recent gigs. He was replaced at the shows by drummer Gene Hoglan's wife Laura Christine.

Shit buzz. Jim was on some amazing albums.

Artillery drummer died yesterday too after been hit by a bus.  Bad day for it. Spinning Dark Angel and Artillery all day.

Robert Blake also died. He was that creepy guy in Lost Highway.
Also looks like Julian Sands is most likely dead after going missing nearly 2 months ago while hiking.