Degenerating into open savagery in Coolock:
https://x.com/IrishRebel1965/status/1812916459502510187

There was yet another arson attack there earlier today, 12 arrests so far. Once again making themselves look worse than any behavior the wider public have seen from immigrants. Keep it up I suppose!

On the bright side, looks like Philip Dwyer got himself arrested.

https://x.com/DJ_Dermo07/status/1812867532434399730

Looks like he's been watching Mr. Inbetween with the "I don't answer questions" carry on  :laugh:.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 15, 2024, 07:28:37 PMDegenerating into open savagery in Coolock:
https://x.com/IrishRebel1965/status/1812916459502510187

There was yet another arson attack there earlier today, 12 arrests so far. Once again making themselves look worse than any behavior the wider public have seen from immigrants. Keep it up I suppose!

Useful Idiots are a real phenomenon indeed. Now to half quote John McGuirk from Gript "people in coolock can legally lodge an objection to planning in Donegal" but can say fuck all about this. That is true, as I'll expand upon below:

If one takes the view that it was a minority of protesters doing the damage, then does it not also hold true that a majority of peaceful protesters were strongly enough against this proposed migrant centre as to be out protesting about it?
Now tell me: What will be made of the non-violent objections?

Nothing at all is the answer as you well know yourself. They will be quickly swept under the carpet with the help of State-Funded Propaganda Television and State-Funded Print Media masquerading as news. Any whiff of Independence from national media was finally put to bed in 2020 when the only way the media could keep their doors open was through funding received from government bailouts and the money from HSE advertising campaigns (which is also the government for anyone who doesn't know).

So should the protesters simply have went out and peacefully given up protesting once the Gardai came and removed the peaceful encampment that they'd had there for the last 3 months? You seem to suggest that they should and that then they would be paid attention to, or have had their concerns addressed in the national (government-sponsored (fact check that one away)) media the way the reaction of the (accepted to be the) Violent Minority has been?

You seem to suggest there is another way to say the locals don't want a few hundred unemployed migrant men of no particular origin and with potentially no verifiable ID packed into a centre in the middle of their already deprived community. Would you mind telling me what that might look like in your opinion? Should they sing a little song instead maybe?

#6183 July 16, 2024, 12:47:56 AM Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 12:52:43 AM by astfgyl
I think that the locals in Coolock need to be put through some sort of Conversion Therapy until they submit to liking what they are getting in terms of migration. I know it's bad to do that to Homosexuals and stuff but surely it's still okay to do it to everybody else like they must just be behind the times and not educated like the rest of us smart people. They just need to be told they are racists over and over again until they believe it and then they won't bum anyone anymore. Won't we all live in a nice Yellow Submarine then, when we stop the racists from being queers during the migration mad season

No but that's not right because my education made me smarter than them so I can see what's going on and they can't even though I don't live there but I'm clever enough to know that there is definitely under no circumstances ever any possible downside to unfettered immigration of third world men of questionable origin at all and certainly no possibility of developing multiple ethnic criminal groups in the bit of rock we have been calling home and have some odd affiliation to. No, those are racist thoughts and forcing cross dressers back into jeans will soon fix any arguments there

Still waiting for any of these concerned residents to have a single protest outside local gangland criminals houses.

#6185 July 16, 2024, 03:37:10 PM Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 03:38:54 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Quote from: astfgyl on July 16, 2024, 12:47:56 AMI think that the locals in Coolock need to be put through some sort of Conversion Therapy until they submit to liking what they are getting in terms of migration. I know it's bad to do that to Homosexuals and stuff but surely it's still okay to do it to everybody else like they must just be behind the times and not educated like the rest of us smart people. They just need to be told they are racists over and over again until they believe it and then they won't bum anyone anymore. Won't we all live in a nice Yellow Submarine then, when we stop the racists from being queers during the migration mad season

No but that's not right because my education made me smarter than them so I can see what's going on and they can't even though I don't live there but I'm clever enough to know that there is definitely under no circumstances ever any possible downside to unfettered immigration of third world men of questionable origin at all and certainly no possibility of developing multiple ethnic criminal groups in the bit of rock we have been calling home and have some odd affiliation to. No, those are racist thoughts and forcing cross dressers back into jeans will soon fix any arguments there

Kevin Coyle, quite well known in the anti-immigration circles, ran for election in Artane-Whitehall, where Coolock is. He didn't get elected. Behind two Soc-Dems, one SF, one FF, one FG, and one openly left-leaning Independent who did get elected. Seems a pretty good proxy for identifying the minority vs the majority of the area. That doesn't mean the minority don't have real gripes. For one thing, half of those arrested seem to be out of work. That signals something to be fixed. Arson and criminal damage to squad cars prob not the way to go there though and, if it needs repeating, none, absolutely none of their vital gripes (no work, cost of living too high, etc.) have anything whatsoever to do with immigration.

Do you think the locals not wanting the IPAS centre will be heeded under any circumstances? I don't. So where does that leave them in terms of making their feelings heard? Nowhere, I would think. I think it will turn out to be utterly pointless whether they are violent or peaceful but is there any avenue they should be going down as a community to make sure their concerns are raised and they aren't simply subjected to the standard garda conversion therapy? This is a serious question as nobody will heed them by the looks of it. Agreeing with the sentiment or not is not the point, just what should they do or must the machine run over their wishes until they like it?

Decent concise summary of the political side of all this here:

https://www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2024/july/ireland-s-far-right
QuoteBy shifting the focus of public debate away from the housing crisis and towards immigration – or by presenting the housing crisis as the consequence of immigration, which amounts to the same thing – Ireland's far right has performed a valuable service for the government parties. Sinn Féin did badly at the local and European elections, with a much lower vote share than the party achieved in the 2020 general election. Although there has been no surge in popularity for Fine Gael or Fianna Fáil, the prospect of a Sinn Féin-led government emerging from the next general election is – for now – slipping away.

No ideas about what the locals might do in order to have their concerns addressed outside of the current policy of re-education then? Yeah, no-one has any that I've seen anyway.

Tenacious D are after getting their shit pushed in, right down to the mock apology. Far funnier than their musical sense of humour, ironically. Very much hoist on their own petard, being part of the wokerati and now being cancelled. Maybe people should have taken the centrist road a little more often because now the pendulum is swinging back the other way now and with similar momentum.

If we'd remained centred vs adopting the extremes of classic US identity politics (HE IS LITERALLY HITLER NOW PUSH MY SHIT IN WITH THE WORST EXCESSES OF CORPORATE OPPORTUNISM WHILE I REBEL AGAINST THE STATUS QUO AND DO MY GLOBAL DUTY TO PROP UP THE OBSCENE PROFITS OF MULTINATIONAL CONGLOMERATES WITHOUT A SHRED OF IRONY AND FIGHT FOR THE RIGHTS OF GROWN MEN TO PARADE NAKED AROUND CHILDREN BECAUSE THEY LIKE FRUITY SEX THINGS AND THE NEXT GENERATION NEEDS TO LEARN ABOUT KINKY SEX AS SOON AS THEY CAN OPEN THEIR EYES TO SEE IT AND HE IS LITERALLY HITLER) then the pendulum would be taking more regular and smaller swings and jaysus maybe even some people somewhere would be represented by someone but no of course we can't have nice things

Ah here it is:

One of the best. Now where is my HE IS LITERALLY HITLER when I need it?  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

No way  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: there's more and it no doubt definitely happened unlike the shit that gets said about Trump  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Own goals just flying in

Poliviere using the word LITERALLY there against Trudeau in another hoist on one's own petard type situation.

Quote from: astfgyl on July 16, 2024, 11:10:48 PMNo ideas about what the locals might do in order to have their concerns addressed outside of the current policy of re-education then? Yeah, no-one has any that I've seen anyway.

As I've said before, the concerned genuine locals would first do well to completely disassociate themselves from the head the balls who, sooner or later, inevitably bring trouble and disrepute in their wake. There are local elected representatives, they should find out which ones are active in the community and talk to them. Not just about immigration, but about all of their gripes concerning their community. I remain convinced that a majority of the minority of locals who are preoccupied with immigration wouldn't be so concerned if their own quality of life were improved in attainable ways, be that in terms of their own employment, their own housing, services for their own children, community garda presence, etc. The Quinlans, Coyles, Peppers, Blighes, etc., aren't going to be any help concretely improving any community, even if they do manage to keep immigrants out of them.

Like maybe there are representatives in the Coolock area active in promoting:
QuoteInvestment in public services and amenities, including community centres and play areas.
    A fair society with affordable housing as a priority.
    An inclusive education system with adequate supports and services for the children that need it.
    Proper funding to support mental health and assessment of need for our children and young people.
    Free universal access to health and education.

or:
QuoteImproving services for those who require care and for those who provide it.
    Promoting wider consultation with community groups on matter that are important and impact them.
    Creating more safe recreational areas and attractive shared spaces to bring communities together.
    Improving pedestrian infrastructure through maintenance of paths, tree management and lighting.
    Supporting a stronger sense of identity and belonging within communities by strengthening and growing local community groups.

or:
Quotecampaigning to defend people's living standards and public services in the areas of housing, health, water and public transport, all of which were targeted as part of the austerity agenda that resulted from the bail out of the bankers and developers of 2008.

If I were a local, unhappy with my lot and afraid asylum seekers were going to make it even worse, they'd be the kind of people I'd be looking to talk with first. Not lads who'll make a holy show of my community and hand FF and FG the perfect excuse to brush us back under the carpet.

So tell me, which part of that load of shit non-answer you went to the bother of writing allows the locals to veto an asylum centre in their vicinity?

Yeah, none. At least try to stick to the point, or question in this case. I'll rephrase it:

How do you think that the locals should go about putting a stop to the IPAS centre that they don't want? Forget about background or other gripes and have a go of answering with some words about how you think the locals should go about the business of saying no to this centre they don't want.

You won't because you can't but I'm sure the obfuscation will come thicker and faster again than whatever is that non-answer you just gave there to the very straightforward question I asked.

#6193 July 17, 2024, 08:58:29 AM Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 09:02:35 AM by Black Shepherd Carnage
As far as I know, legally speaking there simply is no such "veto." Someone else can confirm. "We don't want foreign unvetted military aged men moving in here" is certainly a zero legal basis demand. Quinlan's "plantation" and "economic scammer" talk to camera yesterday as a representative of a registered political party, also zero legal basis; utterly vacuous fascist clown scutter. Yes there are potential concrete consequences of a centre being established in a community. Maybe locals will have fears about increased crime risk. In that case, push for improved community policing and, if they want, push on a national level for more stringent deportation laws for those who're convicted of crimes. Maybe people will have fears for local services being over-run, so push for improved community services. And so on. Outside of the blatant racism being whipped up by the Quinlans and Coyles, etc., for soberly identified gripes a community may have they'd be best advised talking to people who are at least vaguely competent as opposed to clowns who have no idea what the laws of their own land are. And long term, of course people can push to radically overhaul the entire legal and political system of the country regarding asylum seeking, etc. But again, even on that, they'd want to be getting much, much, much smarter in how they go about things. As it stands, the majority of Irish people see just as much criminal potential among the protestors and ring-leaders as among the asylum seekers. And that's an absolutely logical conclusion, when they see regular videos of arson, attacks on gardai, and the likes of this doing the rounds on social media:
https://x.com/lil_doza/status/1813316354201522341
https://www.independent.ie/regionals/herald/man-allegedly-had-imitation-handgun-in-shop-burglary/35251491.html

The media jumped on the 6 year old being peppered sprayed calling for Tusla to come in and take the child from the parents for bringing her to a protest. Then when it came out that the child was actually peppered sprayed while standing in her own front garden any of the articles I saw were pulled. Also saw a video of a women in her 60's with cancer who was pepper sprayed while waiting at a bus stop.

The Government as expected doubling down once again and refusing to listen to what people want the country is definitely heading in the direction of civil unrest. But it was nice of Simon and Helen to take time out of their 2 month holiday to make statements to the media.