Scummy behaviour. Theres growing anger out there

That must be some pain in the hole, having to take these threats seriously when the sort of lads doing that most likely couldn't organise shit but still he'd have to go through the motions with the guards and probably the bomb squad over to have a look see. I wouldn't expect it to be true whatsoever but still he couldn't just leave it off either.

Wonder if it's something to do with the migration pact that is being reported in some corners as being potentially worse than the rule free migration we already have?

#6152 June 27, 2024, 03:07:09 PM Last Edit: June 27, 2024, 05:45:39 PM by Ollkiller
Quote from: astfgyl on June 27, 2024, 02:53:59 PMThat must be some pain in the hole, having to take these threats seriously when the sort of lads doing that most likely couldn't organise shit but still he'd have to go through the motions with the guards and probably the bomb squad over to have a look see. I wouldn't expect it to be true whatsoever but still he couldn't just leave it off either.

Wonder if it's something to do with the migration pact that is being reported in some corners as being potentially worse than the rule free migration we already have?

Heard on the radio it was taken seriously as there was a code word used on the initial threat. Make of that what you will.

Not being funny but how does anyone know the codeword? How do the guards know even?

Dear Google, give me a list of bomb codewords that the Gardai will believe?

I'm bollixing of course but it's mad that all one would need now is the word and not the bomb

Quote from: astfgyl on June 27, 2024, 07:08:03 PMNot being funny but how does anyone know the codeword? How do the guards know even?

I'm bollixing of course but it's mad that all one would need now is the word and not the bomb

There's another thing. Do terrorist groups and the cops have some of co-operation with regards to the codeword system? Say a new terrorist group set up, do they have to send in their code words to be vetted? "Nope, you can't use that codeword, it's been claimed. Same with that word. Okay, this word, nobody's using it, so it's good to go."

Quote from: astfgyl on June 27, 2024, 07:08:03 PMNot being funny but how does anyone know the codeword? How do the guards know even?

Possibly used one of the active dissident group codes.  They were used a lot throughout the Troubles and it'd still get flagged by counter terrorism.

Yeah I'd imagine back in the day that codewords were given and then when something actually happened that they were taken seriously from then on. How the new stooks got a hold of dissident codewords is a bit of a worry though. If they do have the right ones then there must be some of the old guard involved, which I suppose goes to show how much bad feeling is actually out there. Will we see a return to Troubles style disagreement? I really hope not as I still believe that wouldn't solve anything

Quote from: astfgyl on June 28, 2024, 11:54:50 AMHow the new stooks got a hold of dissident codewords is a bit of a worry though.

They can be a codeword or a phrase. Sure Howard Marks in his book gave out one of the phrases (he was running drugs through Shannon airport through a dissident contact).

Counter intelligence, same as anywhere in the world. There'll be GardaĆ­ undercover in several of those groups, as well as whatever surveillance they're able to run electronically (admittedly not too much hard work to do when you've these dopes gleefully posting themselves committing hate crimes like the lads chasing people round the field in Wicklow with a car). It's a tale as old as time (well, maybe not the electronic part).

Yeah what was the car chase thing about? Did the lads do anything?

I presume they were just walking in the fields and the farmers went overboard protecting against trespassers. Seemed like the vehicle occupants thought they were in the Brujeria video for La Migra! :-\

Quote from: Snare on June 28, 2024, 08:20:50 PMI presume they were just walking in the fields and the farmers went overboard protecting against trespassers. Seemed like the vehicle occupants thought they were in the Brujeria video for La Migra! :-\

No joke, about an hour ago I sent the brother a message randomly saying la migra were after me. Now I know what put it in my head lol

QuoteConvicted rapist Michael Murray has emerged as the prime suspect in phoning in the hoax bomb threat on Taoiseach Simon Harris' home from prison.

The Sunday World understands Murray is suspected to have used another inmate's identification number to place the call to the Samaritans from his landing in the Midlands Prison.

It's suspected the call was made from a handset which is used by inmates for the purposes of calling permitted numbers, including the Samaritans Helpline.

Murray, who was previously convicted of making a bomb threat to the house of Justice Minister Helen McEntee from behind bars, is currently serving a 19-year-sentence in the prison for rape.

https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/irish-crime/rapist-prime-suspect-in-bomb-threat-against-taoiseachs-family-home/a1162611298.html

Sounds like an all round great guy. I'm sure he won't mind another couple of years added on