Quote from: Nail_Bombed on May 11, 2020, 12:46:16 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 11, 2020, 09:54:55 AM
Hidden tracks on CDs.  What a pointless pain in the hole.

Total waste of blank space, yep. Have there ever actually been any good hidden tracks though?

https://youtu.be/Q2-M3GfMACQ

I always thought this hidden track was class.
The song itself before the hidden track is a bit shit but the hidden one itself is cool if you like classical type metal.
It's 5 mins in.

Total waste of blank space, yep. Have there ever actually been any good hidden tracks though?

Endless, Nameless
Nirvana
Is a great track

Perhaps not in metal but there are two great tracks which immediately spring to mind:

Turn Brakes - Ether Song, hidden after the end of Rain City, best song they ever wrote.

Super Furry Animals - The Citizen's Band, hidden before the first song on the Guerilla album, you have to play the first song and rewind beyond 00:00 to get to it.

Peeve -> Tough guy hardcore. I fucking love early hardcore but once it gets into the tough guy bullshit and, even worse, showing respect ad nauseum it's fucking insufferable.

Quote from: Jward on May 11, 2020, 01:04:39 PM

Endless, Nameless
Nirvana
Is a great track

This, brilliant track, I hate the stupidity of 20 mins. of silence before it (though I took pleasure in sticking it on on pub jukeboxes back in the day). Great version of it on Live At The Paramount.

The shite with hidden tracks before the album though, that can fuck off. Agoraphobic Nosebleed had one as well, on Altered States Of America.

#80 May 11, 2020, 02:30:09 PM Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 03:17:02 PM by Eoin McLove
The peeve isn't the hidden music, it's the pointless blank space in between.

Those self-referencing "comeback" songs like Soundgarden's "Been Away Too Long" and the new Cirith Ungol track.

Unimaginative shite.

Megadeth, Metallica and Tourniquet are three others I can think of who have such songs.

Manowar made a career out of it

Not really a comeback song but Victory off of Youthanasia is hilarious, all the lyrics are made up of Megadeth song titles.

#85 May 11, 2020, 08:52:44 PM Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 08:56:38 PM by Nail_Bombed
Quote from: Juggz on May 11, 2020, 01:31:11 PM
Peeve -> Tough guy hardcore. I fucking love early hardcore but once it gets into the tough guy bullshit and, even worse, showing respect ad nauseum it's fucking insufferable.

Respekt 2 da krew, Crown Of Thornz stylee. Yo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9NQX66UBD0

I agree and find that post comical  :laugh:

#87 May 12, 2020, 10:45:16 AM Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 10:48:01 AM by Caomhaoin

Related to that, 'tough guy' behaviour on stage, like that spastic Kvarforth from 'Shining'. I saw this tube spark up a fag (it's not what it sounds like, American lurkers), put it out on his chest, then take a fairly monster swig from his wine bottle only to spit it out at the crowd, the residue dribbling down his chin. If I'd gotten his stinking backwashed wine over me I'd be wanting refunded, the scummy bastard.

You can add the 'move up to the motherfucking front' crowd to the list. Grand enough if you're nice about it, but if you're in a venue with a small enough audience, and you're pulling the macho Phil Anselmo bullshit routine, you're not getting me up the front.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 12, 2020, 10:45:16 AM

Related to that, 'tough guy' behaviour on stage, like that spastic Kvarforth from 'Shining'. I saw this tube spark up a fag (it's not what it sounds like, American lurkers), put it out on his chest, then take a fairly monster swig from his wine bottle only to spit it out at the crowd, the residue dribbling down his chin. If I'd gotten his stinking backwashed wine over me I'd be wanting refunded, the scummy bastard.

Funniest tough guy behaviour I've seen was when Glen Benton demanded to know who threw the plastic cup at him in The Village, and some lads told a Polish giant to say it was him. Glen got back in his box extremely quickly.