Quote from: Blitzer666 on January 23, 2020, 03:25:14 PM
Quote from: Ducky on January 22, 2020, 06:29:54 PM
Haven't been to gig since I saw Chic in 2018, but when I was going one of the guys I worked with couldn't understand as he thought I listened to all "I hate myself and want to die" music.

This from a lad whose music "collection" is a 70 song playlist on Spotify.

Chic? I think u need a word with yerself big lad.

Chic are class, incredible musicians playing one of the best set lists you'll ever hear. I saw them five or six times over the last 10 years.

Quote from: Motörbastard on January 23, 2020, 11:29:27 AM
That Ireland Metal Heads Facebook page. Jesus fucking christ, all this "metal family" bullshit.
That the nonsense in that group irritates me as much as it does is a huge peeve of mine.  :laugh:

Chic are class.

Metal fans who think listening to several genres of metal gives them a diverse taste in music.

Remasters that butcher the album.
Mustaine what we're you thinking?!

Quote from: Juggz on January 23, 2020, 03:34:07 PM
Quote from: Blitzer666 on January 23, 2020, 03:25:14 PM
Quote from: Ducky on January 22, 2020, 06:29:54 PM
Haven't been to gig since I saw Chic in 2018, but when I was going one of the guys I worked with couldn't understand as he thought I listened to all "I hate myself and want to die" music.

This from a lad whose music "collection" is a 70 song playlist on Spotify.

Chic? I think u need a word with yerself big lad.

Chic are class, incredible musicians playing one of the best set lists you'll ever hear. I saw them five or six times over the last 10 years.

Bang on the money.

90 minutes of some of the best, most feel good songs in the history of popular music. Nile Rogers can have my cash any day of the week for a ticket.

Quote from: Nail_Bombed on January 23, 2020, 12:11:04 PMThe very idea that listening to anything other than metal makes you a false is pure nonsense. Sure there are times when I want a steady hearing diet of metal for a while, but there's a lot of other stuff out there. Why be limited?

Indeed. At the moment I'm listening to my Youtube mix of fairly girly electropop, chilled out electronic/trip-hoppy stuff, '80s-eque synthwave and so forth, and it's just to wash down the filthy sludge I was listening to beforehand. The notion that liking one of these things precludes enjoying another is farcical, and ultimately limiting.

I like wine, too.

My listening habits are around 99% metal as I've become older.  I don't care what other people want to supplement their metal listening with,  that's their business,  but I still reserve the right to shame them and show them the door. I'm reasonable like that.

Quote from: Nail_Bombed on January 23, 2020, 12:11:04 PM
Quote from: Aborted on January 22, 2020, 08:40:28 PM
'Troo' metal heads

Very 'Troo'. Or 'Trve' if a pvre kvlt black metalhead. Ouch, some of my braincells just went, typing the 'v's into that.  :abbath:

The very idea that listening to anything other than metal makes you a false is pure nonsense.

Who are these people though? And when does this actually happen?

A brand of them are the Metal Bros.â„¢ that see anything that isn't metal as bbbaaaddd... even if their idea of a good time is seeing a Metallica tribute for the 972nd time.

Quote from: Giggles on January 24, 2020, 03:10:36 PM
Quote from: Nail_Bombed on January 23, 2020, 12:11:04 PM
Quote from: Aborted on January 22, 2020, 08:40:28 PM
'Troo' metal heads

Very 'Troo'. Or 'Trve' if a pvre kvlt black metalhead. Ouch, some of my braincells just went, typing the 'v's into that.  :abbath:

The very idea that listening to anything other than metal makes you a false is pure nonsense.

Who are these people though? And when does this actually happen?
In this thread when Ducky said he likes Chic!

Quote from: biggish_kev on January 22, 2020, 11:48:12 AM
People being vocally surprised that you are a metalhead, generally, in work - 'you don't look like the type'.  Yeah, I'm not going to wear my Death merchandise while in the queue to use the canteen's microwave.

Is there a dress code to use the microwave, specifically??

Don't you know that like, microwaves and metal don't mix?

Ducky, if you're looking to resume your gig attending and perplex your work colleagues even further, you might like Cory Wong who is coming over towards the end of February. He's got the Nile Rodgers right hand thing going with a very funky backing band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5XPSwZefs4

Quote from: TheFlyingGiraffe on January 20, 2020, 04:32:59 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 18, 2020, 09:36:17 PM
Yeah,  my interest in ultra raw BM is fairly low at the moment.  It has to have some particularly interesting quality to catch my attention and that doesn't mean limitation or added semen.

I find it easy enough to digest a lot of super mediocre black metal personally, but yeah there is a lot of shit at the moment which is just carbon copies of each other. Black Plague Circle in Bosnia seems to be the trend at the moment with like Sulphuric Night, Vrac, Cave Ritual, Void Prayer. And while, they're cool bands, it's all super incestuous so when you hear one you basically hear them all.

Black metal has a big problem with the pissing contest of who is "true" and who isn't, although if the additional of loads of hipsters has done anything for the scene it is that there's now a bunch of people who are actually just interested in the music rather than raiding the local gamekeeper's wheelie bins for spent cartridges and having a cat-scratch logo. I checked out some of the bands you mentioned from that Black Plague group and as the standard is exactly as you infer, one good band with ten names. For all those bands appear to eschew publicity, they'll actually take it every day of the week. Don't know if the link was posted up here but Malevolum have an interview where they talk loads about anonymity and keeping the music closed off to people. All well and good until they decided that the people who should conduct their first interview were from Decibel.

Hidden tracks on CDs.  What a pointless pain in the hole.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 11, 2020, 09:54:55 AM
Hidden tracks on CDs.  What a pointless pain in the hole.

Total waste of blank space, yep. Have there ever actually been any good hidden tracks though?