#45 January 22, 2020, 12:29:47 PM Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 12:55:14 PM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 22, 2020, 11:31:41 AM
Name a few of the bands playing it.  It's clearly passed me by.

Anything on Maggot Stomp (which started well but has now become a fucking marketing brand) or particularly Sewer Rot.(which seems to put out absolute bullshit exclusively).

Frozen Soul,Mortal Wound,Malignant Altar are all grand but that's about it.

I think it's an attempt by the yanks to separate old Florida/Tri-State influenced bands from all the other sub genres really, a lot of it sounds like Baphomet & Internal Bleeding to me,who wants a scene full of that??But it's silly. Encoffinization are the worst offenders. Ok band musically for a song or two but their aesthetic/schtick is lame.

#46 January 22, 2020, 12:52:58 PM Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 01:38:13 PM by Eoin McLove
A brief listen to a couple of those bands tells me it's not for me.  That style is far too one dimensional. 

Maggot Stomp looks similar to what Detest were at a few years ago, and arguably what the new incarnation,  Medieval Prophecy, is doing. Detest became very samey and boring but I'm guilty of picking up most MPR stuff at the moment even if not all of it is exactly great.

Wasnt familiar with MRP but I like Moenen of Xezbeth. Detest had a good hit to stinker ratio at the time.

Theres so much you can do with death metal,sad that people just want to copy the past.

Sort of related to the caveman thing- the band  Gatecreeper's continued existence and baffling popularity never ceases to piss me off.

Quote from: Trev on January 18, 2020, 06:26:37 PM
Quote from: kiehozero on January 18, 2020, 05:43:28 PM
- Singers who stand in front of the stag rather than on it, trying to look intense
Can't remember who it was but there was a support band at a gig where the singer jumped off the stage and into the crowd. Except the crowd was two people. Was screaming his vocals into one lads face, who turned and walked off, the other guy looked uncomfortable being the last person there so he went to the bar

Was pretty funny to witness

I saw a band at Fibber's called Peasant for a King do it and it just looked daft. At the same gig another band did a 'deathcore' cover of 'I Want it That Way' by Backstreet Boys but the guitarist did all the harmonies perfect. Bizarre night.

Quote from: biggish_kev on January 22, 2020, 11:48:12 AM
People being vocally surprised that you are a metalhead, generally, in work - 'you don't look like the type'.  Yeah, I'm not going to wear my Death merchandise while in the queue to use the canteen's microwave.

Haven't been to gig since I saw Chic in 2018, but when I was going one of the guys I worked with couldn't understand as he thought I listened to all "I hate myself and want to die" music.

This from a lad whose music "collection" is a 70 song playlist on Spotify.

The term 'stoner metal' or 'stoner rock'. Although I do like the music I find the term cringe. Is there any normal sounding alternative to this genre?

The country seems to be awash with 'stoner' 'sludge' type bands.

Noobs that think the metalcore scutter they listen to is the most extreme music ever created.

That Ireland Metal Heads Facebook page. Jesus fucking christ, all this "metal family" bullshit.

No negative comments bro, or you'll be banned. Rock on, fukker.

#57 January 23, 2020, 12:11:04 PM Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 12:18:33 PM by Nail_Bombed
Quote from: Aborted on January 22, 2020, 08:40:28 PM
'Troo' metal heads

Very 'Troo'. Or 'Trve' if a pvre kvlt black metalhead. Ouch, some of my braincells just went, typing the 'v's into that.  :abbath:

The very idea that listening to anything other than metal makes you a false is pure nonsense. Sure there are times when I want a steady hearing diet of metal for a while, but there's a lot of other stuff out there. Why be limited?

Also this kind of thing. Sure, gnarly band logo and all, but FFS make it somewhat more legible.

Quote from: Nail_Bombed on January 23, 2020, 12:11:04 PM
Quote from: Aborted on January 22, 2020, 08:40:28 PM
'Troo' metal heads

Very 'Troo'. Or 'Trve' if a pvre kvlt black metalhead. Ouch, some of my braincells just went, typing the 'v's into that.  :abbath:

The very idea that listening to anything other than metal makes you a false is pure nonsense. Sure there are times when I want a steady hearing diet of metal for a while, but there's a lot of other stuff out there. Why be limited?

Also this kind of thing. Sure, gnarly band logo and all, but FFS make it somewhat more legible.

Some of those would make kick-ass chandeliers!

Quote from: Ducky on January 22, 2020, 06:29:54 PM
Quote from: biggish_kev on January 22, 2020, 11:48:12 AM
People being vocally surprised that you are a metalhead, generally, in work - 'you don't look like the type'.  Yeah, I'm not going to wear my Death merchandise while in the queue to use the canteen's microwave.

Haven't been to gig since I saw Chic in 2018, but when I was going one of the guys I worked with couldn't understand as he thought I listened to all "I hate myself and want to die" music.

This from a lad whose music "collection" is a 70 song playlist on Spotify.

Chic? I think u need a word with yerself big lad.