Quote from: kiehozero on January 18, 2020, 05:43:28 PM
- Singers who stand in front of the stag rather than on it, trying to look intense

In the context of this thread I can't work out if that's a typo or not.

Seems like most of these' circles' consist of three or four people.  Surely that makes them triangles and squares.

Having to play Metal 2 The Masses in Dublin. Grown men doing a battle of the bands always felt weird to me

Don't forget your "family" hashtags and social media spamming, leave your dignity on the floor now  :laugh:

My last band used to get plagued by messages to do those. Head wrecking. I think bands lose more than they gain by doing them. It's like a public acknowledgement that they're amateur level and can't get a real gig by conventional means.

The  phrase "metal brothers".

You prefer the more formal, "brothers of true metal"?

"I thought brothers in metal stuck together".

Sure, when they were 16. You're in your 40s, somehow married with children and probably have Machine Fuckin' Head PJs.

"Caveman death metal" - Is that something some blogger came up with recently that's being used liberally. I don't remember anything being referred to as Caveman death metal back in the 90's

Is it the same as caverncore?

Quote from: leoos on January 22, 2020, 10:37:08 AM
"Caveman death metal" - Is that something some blogger came up with recently that's being used liberally. I don't remember anything being referred to as Caveman death metal back in the 90's

I suppose its quicker to say than "Americans making boring generic mosh based death metal". Its the DM equivalent of "party thrash" and needs to fuck off immediately.

Name a few of the bands playing it.  It's clearly passed me by.

People being vocally surprised that you are a metalhead, generally, in work - 'you don't look like the type'.  Yeah, I'm not going to wear my Death merchandise while in the queue to use the canteen's microwave.